Bigger tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bigger tires
Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:42 PM
Hi guys, today i went from 17 inch rims on 205/45 tires to 205/55 tires on my car. My car is lowered and I can get it maybe an inch shorter. I needed bigger tires since I live on a ranch with gravel driveway but my car seems to gave gotten higher than before. Is it just my imagination? If not should i just lowere the car more? And also, when i turn with some speed my tires scrape (i have positive offset) is there something I can do about this as well?

Re: Bigger tires
Friday, April 24, 2015 1:05 AM
Sorry guys i meant 215/45 to 215/55. I now realize that my ride height has indeed gone up, would 215/50 look better?
Friday, April 24, 2015 9:42 PM
225/45/17 is the closest to rolling stock. Depending on how low and what offset you may or may not have rubbing issues.

Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:03 PM
WIth my H&R springs, 1.75 INCH drop, I went with 215/40/17.. for years! I still had a lot of gap from the wheel to the fender. Finally, I went to a 225/45/17 and my gap is much less and is perfect for the look of the car in my opinion. I don't like my car slammed to the rubber, so I like it as it sits. I enjoy cornering fast and another reason I didn't want to go higher than 45 series (lower the sidewall, better the cornering or stress on the shoulder of the tire).

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search