concave wheels on jbody - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
concave wheels on jbody
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:14 PM
I havent seen too many, but does anyone have any good pics of concave wheels on a cavalier? since we cant really go much wider, a concave wheel might give it that stance if the right wheel is used...
i know a lot of wheels are not available in our lug pattern but there are always adapters!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Re: concave wheels on jbody
Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:39 AM
Mine are kind of that way, but not as drastic as im sure your thinking. I have Konig feathers. No pics to show the concaveness tho lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:10 AM
i thought azncav had concave wheels

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:48 AM
My new wheels have alittle concave action going on, but it'lll still be alittle bit more before they are on the car.

Error: Sig not found.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:39 PM
Azn does not have concave wheels. Lip =/= concave.

This.....

....Is a concave wheel.

But you wont see a lot of concavity on a jbody the distance from hub to fender lip is pretty shallow. So unless you want to run flares or get inventive with body work or narrowing the cars track width in the front and rear, its not really going to be very dramatic.

Also we share bolt patterns with a lot of tuner and stance cars. Most notably, Impreza WRXs. So theres plenty of choices. Trust me I troll 10 or 11 pages of F/S wheels on NASIOC every day or two.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:51 PM
id still call these concave

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:01 PM
mildly concave...

to really get the look though you're gonna have to go wide with a low offset... mine are 17x8's with a +35

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:17 PM
Thats just a lip, and the opposite of concave with the shape of the spokes.

Thats concave.

These will be my street wheels once I wear out my current star specs over the summer, which are concave just not linearly They'll also probably poke a little in the front, but I find the need to run more than the 1.5* of camber I do already because I'm still overheating the outer edge.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, February 17, 2012 2:48 AM
Leafy wrote:Thats just a lip, and the opposite of concave with the shape of the spokes.

Thats concave.

No @!#$ dip@!#$. Strat's 5zigens have both. Just like my 5zigens. A lip with alittle concave action that doesnt really show up in pics that well.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:42 AM
I have to agree with tinkles. Those rims can be had with a major concave.

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:47 PM
hence why i said mildly concave... the wheels are designed to allow a LOT of caliper clearance but still have a concave shape to the spokes. it doesn't show well in pictures but I assure you that the spokes are in fact concave.

if anything, the style of the spokes is the same as the rota's that staticav posted. mine just aren't 10" wide with an aggressive offset.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:11 AM
azn and strats are awesome looking wheels, but i was thinking more aggressive like the Porsche wheel that Leafy posted.
I have a particular look I like, and Im not used to these tiny cars with crappy options. Everyone bashed my torque thrust II ideas which i still personally think wouldnt look bad. but no one was able to photoshop it for me.
basically i like the lower road-hugging look, aggressive stance, but not 'slammed'.

i do think Azncav's bronze ones would look amazing on an arrival blue 03-05 car like mine...wanna donate?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:40 PM
im waiting on ups to bring my jnc019 18'' to my house i hope thay work on my cavy
Attachments
my car 001.JPG (1289k)

Friday, March 27, 2015 6:25 PM
Staticav love your rim tire set up might have to steal set up and copy lol
Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:27 PM
Concave wheels definitely look awesome! Hope you choose wisely on the degree of concavity! There really are a lot of sleek and cool mildly concave wheels out there.
Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:33 PM
You might want to consider [URL="https://carcustomization.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/car-customization/"]car customization[/URL] along with your custom rims
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search