Wheel Gap - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel Gap
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:29 PM
I have the OEM wheel on my 2002 Sunfire, and it has the wheel gap that does not look good, I am curious if I were to put a 225/45/17 on it would that fill the gap at all, I want to know that before I spend the money on wheels and tires, I am thinking of a nice 5 spoke or a really cool 20 spoke. Thank you guys for the help in advance, please let me know any information that will help me.

Tyler Barnett

Re: Wheel Gap
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:45 PM
I believe that size is whats reccomended for 17s to keep the original overal diameter so it wont fill the gap anymore then stock. I ran 235 45 17s and i thought it was too much. It did however fill the gap more but without spacers they do rub a lil in the front. Im also lowered though..

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:57 PM
Okay so what you are saying is that even though I am running an OE strut assembly, I couldn't run a 17 inch wheel with a descent size tire, the chassis will not settle down to the correct ride height?
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:28 PM
What he's saying is that when you change the diameter of the wheel, you also change the tire size so the outside diameter of the tire doesn't change. Improperly sized tires will throw off the speedo.

A 205/55/16 is roughly the same height as a 225/45/17. It's. It going to eliminate wheel gap as the overall height of the wheel/tire will be the same.

If you want to get rid of the wheel gap, lower the car.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:45 PM
Also note that if u do want a bigger tire than a 235 45 17 i dont think itd fit under the spring seat. 235s barely fit.

ReD RaiN
Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:44 AM
255's on my sig

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search