Tire Shine? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tire Shine?
Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:24 PM
I was just wondering how bad most tire shines are for tires. I have heard from a few ppl that you shouldn't use tire shine to often, I was even told this from a rim/tire shop. I have not really cared in the past cuz I had stock rubber but not that I have new summer tires I was just wondering.....what harm does it do exactly and is there any product that is not bad (I really hate dull gray tires.)

well thanks for any answers

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: Tire Shine?
Friday, June 03, 2005 1:47 PM
Armor all will dry out rubber eventually. Use the Meguiars stuff and youll be ok.

Wifes ride..1998 Sunfire Gt with ractive intake and stb
My ride...1995 315hp lincoln mark viii lots of goodies
Friday, June 03, 2005 4:26 PM
Meguiars definitely.

Friday, June 03, 2005 4:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^the best stuff.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Friday, June 03, 2005 4:53 PM
Yea I agree, Meguires is by far the best stuff.

They have this new one out now that is called NXT Extreme Tire. Its a foam in a spray can, I'm going to pick some up when I run out of the stuff I have now.

As for Armour All drying out rubber, thats definitely not true. Its designed to preserve and protect all kinds of rubber, vinyl, and plastic - so the last thing its going to do is dry it out or make it brittle.

Any product sold to protect your tires is not going to be bad for them

My CarDomain Page
Friday, June 03, 2005 5:37 PM
<a href="http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?sku=G-75&store=%">HERE</a> is what you want. It's the best sh*t ever made and it smells like grapes.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:05 PM
^^^ That's the ONLY product I use on my 18's. You can control how much goes on (easier), it doesn't spin off and lasts longer. HIGHLY recommended.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:40 PM
^^ ha ha i love that stuff my dad uses it on his z71 all the time and nothing beats grapes.. good smellin hmmmm hmmm

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:22 PM
STP sun of a gun, cheapest one at walmart and does a great job

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:33 PM
yep the megs lasts for like almost 2 weeks assuming no rain or puddles i love the stuff

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 6:31 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:STP sun of a gun, cheapest one at walmart and does a great job

agreed!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:10 PM
I use the new Teflon spray by Dupont works good and is dry to the touch

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done.
-Wyatt strange-
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:01 PM
Meguiars NXT in the tall can for sure. I thought it was foam (its in a can that most foam come in), buts it still a spray. It's great

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:14 PM
i normally use meguiars hot shine but i got a can of stoner's tire shine at the last show i was at and it works well too.

armor-all tire foam works well too if you have a bit to let it sit...

i've never used the grape stuff but i've seen the shine on a friends car and it works well too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search