Help me out....What kind of wheels are these?? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me out....What kind of wheels are these??
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:44 PM
I know a guy who said he'd sell me these wheels, with almost brand new tires, for super cheap. I know the wheels are extremely filthy and the ones got a little bit of curb rash, but he's gotten an estimate on how much it'll be to get fixed up. They're worth buying just for the tires. My question is: Does anyone have an idea what brand these wheels are?

Re: Help me out....What kind of wheels are these??
Friday, March 09, 2007 4:10 AM
people who keep rims like that should be shot

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:53 AM
What does it say on the spoke? I can't read it. Is there a logo of some sort on the center cap??

Friday, March 09, 2007 6:16 AM
yea, fugly rims!!

Friday, March 09, 2007 6:54 AM
time 2 paint those black.

Friday, March 09, 2007 7:14 AM
OK, i'm not trying to get all crappy with everyone, but all i asked was a simple question and i would just like a simple answer. I don't care what you think about people who keep their rims like that, or if they are "fugly." If i wanted to know your opinions, i would have started a "what do you think of these rims" thread. Like i stated earlier, I know how much it will be to have them cleaned up/fixed. I plan on having them stripped down and either painted or powdercoated. These are just the pictures my brother-in-law sent me from his phone to give me an idea of what they look like.

I'm trying to figure out what they are so i can possibly get ahold of new center caps for them.

So please, i'm not trying to be a jerk about this, i would simply like an answer to the original question. If you want to voice your opinion on the rims, then start a thread making fun of them or something.
Friday, March 09, 2007 8:08 AM

The wheels are ADR Sokudo's. They're 17x7 with a 40 offset.

I'm going to go see them in person tonight and hopefully get some better pictures. From what my brother-in-law said, they aren't as rough as the pictures make them appear. They're just caked with break dust and have a couple curb marks on the lip of one wheel. The lip is not all discolored as the pictures show.
Friday, March 09, 2007 8:27 AM
Wow. There are some nice wheels under there.

I think I speak for all of us when I ask that after you get the rims from this guy, you kick his ass for neglecting them.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, March 09, 2007 8:57 AM
The guy i'm buying them off of wasn't the one who abused them. They person who owned the car before him (an 04 wrx) didn't take care of the vehicle or the wheels. The guy i'm buying them from is replacing them with a set of Volk's and he's already got a set of winter wheels for it, so he's letting these go for super cheap....i.e. less than the price of one tire.

I figure with a little bit of work, and a little less money, i'll have these looking presentable in a short time.

and with the money i'm saving by buying these and not the srt-4 wheels i had lined up, i'll have my drop even sooner
Friday, March 09, 2007 10:25 AM
You've got alot of work ahead of you man, those things are dirty.. look like a nice wheel though. I love finding deals on stuff.

1983 Camaro Z28
Friday, March 09, 2007 11:41 AM
Anybody have some suggestions for what to use as a cleaner? I was thinking about a Mother's Powerball, but i'm unsure as far as what polish or cleaner to use?

Friday, March 09, 2007 12:21 PM
Not sure about a particular polish, but I would probably start by seeing how much of that caked-on brake dust and other crap will come off with a pressure-washer. A good powder coat shouldn't be bothered by close-range spray with most washers, so you should be able to get started that way.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, March 09, 2007 1:48 PM
Even if they don't end up coming out perfect, they'll still be better than the factory 15's i'm rollin on now. And with paying only two digits for wheels and tires together, the money i saved just went towards some springs from a-plus and some agx's to go with em.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search