New Wheels and Tires for 94 Z24 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Wheels and Tires for 94 Z24
Monday, July 31, 2023 4:17 PM
Been looking at wheels for a while. Saw the American Racing ones quite some time ago. I liked them, but kept looking around at what is on the market. Well, after all this time, I went with the ones I'd had my eyes on for months now. The center caps are off in these pictures. I just got back from getting tires (215/55r16) for the 16x7 AR rims. I after checking everything nothing was going to rub, I took a couple pictures of it and then put to wheels up.
Here is a couple pics of them on the car.
Attachments
Back Side View.jpg (928k)
Front Side View.jpg (849k)

Re: New Wheels and Tires for 94 Z24
Sunday, November 26, 2023 10:35 AM
They rub very slightly in a couple spots.
45 second video, lock to lock. No commentary, only description in text.
https://youtu.be/qYsQ593KFjo
Monday, November 27, 2023 2:39 PM
It looks like I can probably move the bumper cover bracket forwards a little. It is actually designed to have some adjustability. The wheel well attaches to that bracket with a screw (you can see it in the video). I think I can get the bracket forwards enough to hold the liner forwards too. Might need to use heat to reform the liner a bit.
If that doesn't work, I suppose I'll get 2 more tires at 215/50/r16 for the front. It will be geared down a little, but there will be no rub issues.
Saturday, December 02, 2023 5:54 AM
It mostly worked. Moving the bracket forwards on the left side helped. Only time it rubs now is at near full left lock on the left side when reversing. I'm not sure yet exactly where it is touching. It's rainy today and I'm not going out.
Right side is now clear and isn't rubbing at all. I used a heat gun to reform the well liner, very slightly. Worked perfectly and you'd never know it had been modified. Once I figure out where the left is rubbing, I'm sure I'll be able to find a solution. It too may just need that liner modded a little as well. I rarely ever turn the wheels full lock anyway.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search