Drivers Seat question in 03 Cavalier - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Drivers Seat question in 03 Cavalier
Friday, July 23, 2010 10:37 AM
Hi guys,

Right around my right shoulder blade are there is a metal piece that bulges out of the seat a bit and make it uncomfortable to sit in. I was going to buy a seat cushion, but is there a way to get inside/under the upholstery without ruining the seat? I was thinking of putting some foam in there to cover the metal. Thanks!

Re: Drivers Seat question in 03 Cavalier
Friday, July 23, 2010 6:15 PM
You prolly would be better off finding a decent used seat from a yard. Or buying one from someone who is parting out there car. Since if you have never taken the seat apart, its really hard, But can be done. Im not exactly sure, but it can be done. Goodluck!!

Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:42 AM
^^^ Agreed with Sneezy, better off looking for a used seat at a yard... you can also use seats out of any F body (camaro, firebird)... believe those are a direct fit, no mods needed, but I heard they're kind of low. Good luck

Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:58 AM
I have the same problem. Most of the time it doesnt bother me, but i call it "my motivation" to get better seats.

180hp in 1989 or 260hp in 2008, you decide. Quad < Ecotec

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:01 PM
same problem also. it's one of GM's cheapest cars though, so it's to be expected. aftermarket bucket seats are so inexpensive now, it's not even worth keeping the stock seats. that or if you are looking for a cheap replacement, there are millions of cavaliers and fire's in junk yards and seats are dirt cheap.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:50 AM
the seat cover will come off.

you remove the headrest, and the little black clip for the flip forward do-dad. there is a plastic piece that holds the seam on the bottom that comes off. the main trouble with removing the cover is that when you reinstall the cover you have to glue the fabric back down and that can get troublesome.

I agree with the idea of just getting a new seat. For the cost of glue, foam and time to disassemble and assemble, find a nice set in the junkyard. Or better yet find a nice new set of Camaro seats or aftermarket. Any seat at the j-yard near me goes for 30.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:51 PM
Thanks guys. I will look into getting j-yard seats off of a Cavalier or Camaro. What year ranges will work?

Also, are there any how-to videos on removing and installing seats? I have a 2dr base model Cavalier. Thanks!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:33 PM
There are 4 fasteners.

Step 1: Remove them
Step 2: Remove seat
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:07 PM
Any 3rd gen cavalier seats will work. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think any 3rd or 4th gen F body seat will also work, not 100% on that though...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:10 PM
had the same problem, i replaced them with sunfire gt seats for 20 each at the junk

Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:47 AM
Cavaclysmic wrote:Any 3rd gen cavalier seats will work. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think any 3rd or 4th gen F body seat will also work, not 100% on that though...

correct
any camaro/firebird 94-02

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *

Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:14 AM
Jay Corkit wrote:
Cavaclysmic wrote:Any 3rd gen cavalier seats will work. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think any 3rd or 4th gen F body seat will also work, not 100% on that though...

correct
any camaro/firebird 94-02

That's just 4th gen. 3rd gen works too and those started way back somewhere in the 80's. So any Camaro/Firebird from the late 80s through 2002 will fit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search