omg! you gotta see this!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
omg! you gotta see this!!
Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2K2c3QQgSA&feature=fvw

have you guys ever seen this before?? i want it so bad lol. we should have a discussion on how to make this work for J's

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Re: omg! you gotta see this!!
Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:40 PM
really? no takers?

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:54 PM
Nope. My gauges are just fine. But if you really want it try talking to Alex at BlackCatCustoms. He does amazing gauge clusters for our cars.

Epicness is coming. Are you ready?

Saturday, September 04, 2010 3:00 PM
gay

Saturday, September 04, 2010 4:33 PM
We don't have lift. Check out this one on a corolla xrs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQamT66EAxI

ECOtec DOHC

Saturday, September 04, 2010 4:44 PM
My gauges don't do exactly the same thing, but I still like them a lot

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:40 AM
fun to look at. but I think thats about it
Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:30 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:My gauges don't do exactly the same thing, but I still like them a lot

I see what you did there.... where'd you get those LEDs? I'm sick of the stock greenish tinge...

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:53 AM
V-leds.com, they are 194 sockets on the 95-99 clusters. But on 02+ you have to solder leds in, they don't just plug in like the pre 99s.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, September 05, 2010 11:30 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:V-leds.com, they are 194 sockets on the 95-99 clusters. But on 00+ you have to solder leds in, they don't just plug in like the pre 99s.

You forgot 2 years there Tim.

Epicness is coming. Are you ready?

Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:39 PM
saw this on a honda prelude i wanted to buy, hits vtec, and they change colors. its sick.
i wanna do it on my cobalt!!! :p i has VVT!!!!

Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:59 PM
what is lift?
Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:59 PM
Tinkles wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:V-leds.com, they are 194 sockets on the 95-99 clusters. But on 00+ you have to solder leds in, they don't just plug in like the pre 99s.

You forgot 2 years there Tim.

Mistype, my bad.

Sunday, September 05, 2010 1:00 PM
Spencer wrote:what is lift?

Also known as VTEC.

Sunday, September 05, 2010 2:20 PM
i would think to use it as more of a shift light, not valve lift..

Sunday, September 05, 2010 4:30 PM
Spencer wrote:what is lift?

toyota's version of VTEC. I'm not sure you guys could do it on the cobalts. Even though it has vvt or whatever, it doesn't do what lift or vtec does. Nissan's 2.5 motors have some sort of "lift" has well. Some of toyota's motors also have vvti with is kinda like cam phasing. Nothing more

ECOtec DOHC

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:04 PM
i have a 98 base model 3spd auto with no tach. I tried swaping out my cluster with one from a 99 Z with a 5spd, and it triggered my anti theft, car would start but die instantly. Is this because the cars had two different tranys or engines, or am i just unable to swap out gauges, cause i would like to have a tach in my car

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:29 PM
if a straight up swap is not possible how do i get the security sesytem to re-learn the gauges

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:03 AM
You have to do the relearn whenever you swap clusters. Put the key in, turn it to run, and let it sit there for at least 15 minutes. Then walk out, and without turning the key back off, start it. It should run fine after that.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:41 AM
i already have to do that about 2 or 3 times a year, will it matter what guages i take(manual or 4spd) since 3spd's never came with a tach

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:12 AM
the 2010 mustang GTs now have this, once you hit the red line it goes red, same with the gas gauge too. once it get below 8th tank it turns red....... makes sense for the gas but if you don't know where your rev limiter is then maybe you should be driving a stick........ just my opinion

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:09 AM
i know where my limiters are, its just fun to have little things like that

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:21 AM
Joviticus wrote:i already have to do that about 2 or 3 times a year, will it matter what guages i take(manual or 4spd) since 3spd's never came with a tach

My 2000 my dad bought new is a 3speed and has a tach. But it was some base model "sport package" lol

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 10:34 AM
00+ clusters are different

Friday, September 10, 2010 7:55 PM
Didn't up to 98's have mechanical odometers and 99+ have digital?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879634
http://www.crysisweb.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search