Alfa Otto Reverse Gauges - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alfa Otto Reverse Gauges
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:42 PM
Hi all, newbie here, done quite a bit of work on my own but now i'm stumped. Picked up a set of Alfa Otto reverse gauges for my 03 Sunfire. They say reverse gauges but its really just a card that goes in behind the needles to replace the stock one. Anyways, i`ve been talking with a few mechanics and they say messing around with the gauge cluster is a bad idea. And those that have done the reverse gauges have all told me that the gauges don't work when the needles are put back on. My question is this: Anybody know how to do this without screwing up my gauge cluster or if there`s a how to somewhere? Any help would be appreciated

P.S the gauge cluster is the same on the 02 as it is for my 03 so the 02 will be the reference for any blueprints, i`ve seen it done before to an 03 and they said it was an easy job but they since left that community

Re: Alfa Otto Reverse Gauges
Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Removing and reinstalling the needles on the 00-05 clusters is very tricky and hard to do without messing things up. All work that was done to my gauge cluster was done by Alex at Black Cat Customs. I highly recommend speaking with him.

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:19 AM
When I put an overlay on my old 2000 Z24, I was able to slide it on by positioning it just right and placing it under the needles. It was fairly simple and worked like a charm.

Monday, November 28, 2011 6:25 PM
Thank you Micah, I got in touch with Black Cat Customs and they offered to get the gauge cluster set up for me if i sent it to them
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search