Dash top - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dash top
Monday, December 26, 2011 9:57 PM
Welp. When I bought my wonder full 2000 cavalier. I learned of some interior issues when I drove it home.
Apparently, when the previous owner installed the aftermarket stereo....
He broke a bunch of tabs and screw spots that held the top of the dash down.
So now when I set at idle the top of the dash vibrates...
I was wondering if the best way to fix all this was to replace the whole thing from a doner car? Or just do my best to find parts floating around the internet? Or dash pad.
I have no idea to be honest. I'm not too experienced in the interior fixing field. Haha. So excuse my noobish question here.

Re: Dash top
Monday, December 26, 2011 10:09 PM
Most likely, the dash pad on top needs to be replaced. Just be really careful with the other one. They are fragile and I bet the previous owner found out the hard way. Parts for the cavalier are easy almost everywhere to come by and for cheap locally. Just check Craigslist.

Re: Dash top
Monday, December 26, 2011 10:14 PM
What he said X2 ^^^ parts are fairly cheap and easy to come by. Find a cav that got traded in to the salvage yard from a granny that never touched the thing. The dash is pretty far gone with my car to, almost need a whole new dash. You can try to hold pieces on with the original screw and a washer to take up the gap. if that can work then great.. otherwise get to pulling parts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search