Water Leak - Pls help - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water Leak - Pls help
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:36 PM
I've got an 04 sunfire, and have been experiencing water leaks.

Points of leakage/water collection:

Beneath the left rear seat. The water's pooling from underneath, because none of the trim and top of cushion's ever been wet.

Right rear corner of trunk, beside the vent. I've removed the vent and temporarily sealed it. Still has water right at the floor in front though (stuck a towel there to see)

Spare Wheelwell. It's like a f$$ucking bath tub in there after 2 weeks of rain. I'm ASSUMING it's related to the vent area due to water pooling from the vent area to the spare well.

Anyone have ANY suggestions? It's driving me nuts!

Also: I have a sub system in the back (Dual 10"s with a box, with a capacitor). I've ran my hand around that area but there was no dampness or ANY water in that area.

What i'm asking for is to see if there are any potential points on J-bodys other than that vent at the RR trunk area.

Help please!

Re: Water Leak - Pls help
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:53 PM
You could lock yourself in the trunk with a flashlight and have a buddy run a water hose over the car while you watch for leaks. That has worked for me before.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:57 PM
OH I forgot to mention: I've ran a hose sprinkler over both areas for a couple hours.

nothing comes up!!! but when it RAINS, then it starts to leak =(
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:38 PM
don't run it over just there, run it over the whole car.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:52 PM
Take a dollar bill and shut it in the truck lid. Move it around from open end to the other. You'll probably find a spot that really isn't sealed.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:52 PM
pull everything out of your trunk and look for the brown dirt trail from where the water is coming in. rough guess since this was on 2 of my cavaliers. is its the seal near the taillight. not the light itself but the seam that runs that channel. just get some Silicon sealant and Reseal the channels and done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search