restoring interior lights - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
restoring interior lights
Friday, January 27, 2012 10:15 AM
heys guys a year ago i replaced my wifes 98 sunfire se interior lights with led UV lights i replaced the rear view mirror lights with led and i cut the bulb connector for the dome light and hooked up 3 pod leds for the rear. it worked well until the wife started but the kids started pulling the back lights off that i had set up and for some reason the led bulbs in the rear view mirror stop working. so im in the process of replacing all it back to oem style, and there is some problems im running into. the first is that the regular bulbs that i put back into the rear view mirror don't work i checked the voltage on the connectors and i get nothing, so i checked for voltage on the connector going to the rear view mirror and nothing so i checked the fuse and it good. so i don't know whats going on there.

the second is that i was going to order a replacement bulb connector for the dome so i can get that going but when i go to a gm order book the pics look so wrong from mine. what they have listed is that i should have a wiring harness that should have three bulb connectors and two switches the wifes car never had that when we bought it just a plan dome light cover with a single bulb in there that you could not even turn on by hand just came on when you opened the doors. so is there a difference between models of se and gt or should i just buy the wiring harness and alll that stuff to get it working again.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search