Interior LED's and Neons - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior LED's and Neons
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:07 PM
Ok so I am about to wire in full accent lighting on the interior and exterior with LEDs. I already have neons under dash and under seats but i'm going full out... When all said and done, i may have up to 600 led lights total, that's what is on it's way here right now.. What gauge wire should i use? i need to be economical but without loosing any power or brightness in my lighting. and if possible, any good recommendations for music converters to make it pulse to the music? keep in mind i will need to be running tons of power through this converter thing i'm guessing for all the lights

Thanks so much!

Re: Interior LED's and Neons
Thursday, February 02, 2012 5:42 PM
Wire gauge is gonna all be dependent on how you actually end up wiring the LED's, series or parallel, etc. You've got to determine that before wire gauge.

Are you really wiring 600 LED's individually? Why not get some that are already wired together in strips or tubes.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 6:44 PM
Allen Ray wrote:Wire gauge is gonna all be dependent on how you actually end up wiring the LED's, series or parallel, etc. You've got to determine that before wire gauge.

Are you really wiring 600 LED's individually? Why not get some that are already wired together in strips or tubes.

over 9000 hours of wiring.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:02 PM
oh sorry, i think you misunderstood, I did get strips haha...
waterproof strips, here's the link, and I am sticking with 16 gauge wire to be safe http://www.ebay.com/itm/170773463187?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5857wt_1143
oh my god, that would be a lot of soldering individually!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search