2002 grand am seat SUCCESS (: - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 grand am seat SUCCESS (:
Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:52 PM
just put 2002 grand am seats in my 97 sunfire convert!

Yeppp just thought id tell everyone lol

Re: 2002 grand am seat SUCCESS (:
Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:10 PM
really?

pics or GTFO.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:39 PM
PICTURES PLEASE.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:05 PM
Culinary Graffiti wrote:PICTURES PLEASE.

x2
Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:15 PM
05Kar has gmgt seats in his j. Pics are in his build thread...

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:14 PM
Pics or you still have stock seats
Friday, February 17, 2012 4:28 PM
ill post pics in a few prolly tomorrow to dark right at the moment
Friday, February 17, 2012 4:33 PM
mine are gt seats also.
Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:38 PM
how do you posst pics on here?
Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:46 PM
You need to upload them to a hosting site like photobucket.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:13 AM
they look decent but hes having problems with consoles and seatbelts, bring the car by the store tomorrow and ill get you some pics posted.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:48 PM
spence i got the console in its just a tight fit! extemely tight but i got it in. and okay ill stop out tomorrow
Monday, February 20, 2012 5:15 PM
ok heres the pics of anthonys car.

Discuss.
Monday, February 20, 2012 5:33 PM
oh snap! look at the interior
Monday, February 20, 2012 6:02 PM
looks good, though Im favored to black leather GT seats! I put the 01 SS Camaro leather seats in mine and they are a lot narrower so theres more room for the consol and seat belts. a lot stiffer and thinner too, but those look comfy!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:22 PM
yeah id go camaro seats too i think it'd look a lot better.

But i got these seats for free so i thought id put them in my car (:
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:38 AM
'05 Grand Prix GT seats, here--snug, but not a bad set of seats for $75

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:36 AM
Do Grand prix ones work?
Friday, February 24, 2012 11:44 AM
BlownWideOpen wrote:Do Grand prix ones work?

Maaaayyyybe...

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:46 PM
Agent Omega wrote:
BlownWideOpen wrote:Do Grand prix ones work?

Maaaayyyybe...

Direct bolt on or do they require modification?

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:40 PM
Lol...we modified a set of OEM J-body brackets a little bit to get them to work, but not as much as you'd think. The only downfall is that they're pretty wide, so they're tight against the center console and door panel. Otherwise, nice comfy seats; much better than stock, but also comfy enough for an extended road trip.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:01 AM
They look great. Now I can consider these as an option for my daily driver.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:38 AM
I took a little flak on here from people saying "wow...you installed a set of seats that don't match your interior...awesome." But at the time, I was in college and didn't have a whole lot of cash. When I found'em, they were a year or so old and in mint condition. They were much better than stock and semi-matched the interior. Plus, my mother currently had an '04 Grand Prix and I knew the seats were comfortable. I don't treat the car as a show car anymore--I just like driving it. So at this point, replacing them is pretty low on my list of priorities.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:16 PM
one thing I can say about the leather Camaro SS seats is they are much thinner and narrower. They ride very firm like racing seats almost, but without the major lumbar/side support.
Those pontiac seats look great...i was debating a pair of black GT seats myself..but none popped up and i ran across my leather Camaros' for $100 so I jumped on it

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:20 PM
Hate to bump a semi-old thread, but I just registered to say I have done the same thing to my '04 Cavy 5-speed and been driving it comfortably for the past year or so. The seats fit perfect in the car and so far are the best seats I have had in there.

I am a big guy so I broke my factory seat pretty good, got a Sunfire seat temporarily, then put a set of Firebird seats in from the '90's, and then I thought I broke those and ended up getting the Grand Am seats to replace them. Come to find out that the Firebird seats were fine, but my factory rails finally snapped. So went to the same U Pull & Pay I get my seats from and got new rails and went ahead with the Grand Am seat swap since they were from the same decade as my car lol.

The only weird thing about them compared to the J-Body, F-Body, and S-10-based Truck seats that swap out with no modifications is that the Grand Am seats themselves don't have the threads to catch the bolts that come in from inside the rails to attach them... so we had to remove the foam and get some heavy duty bolts, nuts, and washers (its been so long I can't remember what size we got) and fasten the seats to the rails that way, and then put the foam back in the seat and install it in the car.

The driver's side fits almost perfectly and didn't really required any modification, but one of the bolts on the passenger side isn't flush with the rail and it causes some "squeeking" when the car is in motion from the vibration of the bolt to the seat metal. It sounds like a damn bird is in the car. I plan one of these days to take that seat back out and do some modification to quiet that and make that corner fasten better.

The only other thing is, because the Grand Am seats are tall and their rails are close to the floor (opposite of the Cavalier's thin seats and tall rails), you get a good inch or two of height added to the seat and it pushes you up a little. I am sure with some modification this could be fixed, but I got used to it so its not a big deal anymore.

I may take some pics when it cools back down outside. I can't believe I haven't taken any pics yet of it to share before now. I feel these seats can handle a big guy like me better than the factory seats can, so I suggest this swap to anyone who is interested in doing it. The seats at my U Pull & Pay were only $50 or so for the set in good condition.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search