Who can make these? (Custom Emblems) - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who can make these? (Custom Emblems)
Monday, February 20, 2012 5:59 AM
Hi all,

Here's the story: I have a really nice set of seats in my Cavalier. They were originally out of a concept Sunfire. As such, they say "Sunfire" on them and of course this is a problem becuase I own a Cavalier lol. To address this, I used the artistic skills I obtained from elementary school to create custom chevy bowtie emblems to stick over the "Sunfire" writing. While this worked well and matched nicely, they are essentially cardboard, paint, and stickers. As such they are falling apart with time and I'm looking for something more durable and less grade school in look and finish. I'm thinking of thin, but solid, carbon fiber bowties made to spec that I can essentially glue on the seat over the writting and pretty much never worry about again. Below is a picture for reference. The question: Where can I get something like this? Or Where can I get something like this made:

Re: Who can make these? (Custom Emblems)
Monday, February 20, 2012 7:42 AM
Hmm.... I would check out an upholstry shop.... other than that not sure....

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:27 AM
Why not look for a patch emblem that someone may place on a jacket or shirt?? then u can glue, sew, or iron them on at that point.

Monday, February 20, 2012 10:41 AM
I have a set of seats for sale that actually have the bowtie lol, but im sure your not lookn for all that.

Hit up an uphollstry shop

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, February 20, 2012 8:12 PM
Take the cardboard thing you have now to an upholstery shop, and have them make you two iron-on patches. Done, easy.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Only problem is the lack of upholestry shops in my area. I did seem to find one that has at least one good review. I'll give them a visit at some point. Hopefully its a good shop. My other cav could use some leather seats

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:10 PM
I have those covers, paid like $30 for a new set GM as they wanted to get rid of them lol. They were made by Saddleman or CoverKing. GM accessories used to sell it that said "Cavalier" on them. You may want to contact them to see if they can stich it in .
Or... just change the car to a Sunfire.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search