Light under shift indicator went out, what bulb #? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Light under shift indicator went out, what bulb #?
Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:15 PM
Tonight the light under my shift indicator went out and I was wondering what bulb number it is and how much of a PITA it is to replace?

Re: Light under shift indicator went out, what bulb #?
Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:24 PM
Forgot to mention it's a 03 fire with automatic trans and the light is the one in the center console. Some might call it the gear indicator also.
Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:11 PM
it is just a simple 194 bulb. It is pretty simple, just remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the center console. move console out of the way just enough to reach your hand under the shift indicator area. You should be able to feel two wires going to a socket. The socket just twists out. Bulb pulls straight out. The install is just the reverse. Also... turn your lights on right BEFORE you get everything back together... just to make sure everything works... Easy as pie.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:15 PM
Freelancer1988 wrote:it is just a simple 194 bulb. It is pretty simple, just remove the 4 10mm bolts holding the center console. move console out of the way just enough to reach your hand under the shift indicator area. You should be able to feel two wires going to a socket. The socket just twists out. Bulb pulls straight out. The install is just the reverse. Also... turn your lights on right BEFORE you get everything back together... just to make sure everything works... Easy as pie.

^^^^^^^^ yes indeed agreed i replaced mine with a blue LED 194 Bulb off of ebay to match my blue lights elsewhere in the interior and it looks great

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search