Gran Prix Seat Swap? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gran Prix Seat Swap?
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:05 PM
My friends and I took a trip to the local junkyard today mostly looking for parts for his 02 Malibu. I naturally gravitated towards the cavalier / sunfire section nearby. This is where I stumbled upon a mis-placed 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix. The entire front end was smashed, but the interior was mint. That's when I noticed the seats.

I sat down in the passenger seat and immediately loved them, besides that they'd match my interior. I asked down at the office how much they'd cost, and $100 a piece didn't seem too bad at all. Question is, would they be able to be swapped in to my Cavalier? I'm not sure if the rails on the bottom are the same, I'm assuming they're not. I suppose I might have to go back and take measurements to make sure they aren't too wide, but my main concern is mounting them.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: Gran Prix Seat Swap?
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:11 PM
Why not unbolt them at the yard and try to mount them in a J. Also look to see if you can unbolt the brackets and bolt on Jbody brackets.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:28 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Why not unbolt them at the yard and try to mount them in a J. Also look to see if you can unbolt the brackets and bolt on Jbody brackets.

Well @!#$, how come I didn't think of that.. I'll give it a shot next time I go. Good idea man. Thanks

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:49 PM
Quoted from the "2002 Grand Am Seat SUCCESS!!!" thread.

Agent Omega wrote:
BlownWideOpen wrote:Do Grand prix ones work?

Maaaayyyybe...

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:59 AM
They're a tight fit...let's just say that. If you don't have your seat belt on before you close the door, you ain't getting it.

No, they don't bolt up directly. Then again, most cool mods don't

Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:07 PM
i got 02 grand am gt seats in my sunfire vert im pretty sure they are the same brackets as the grand prix.
yes they are a tight fit especially when u put the colsole back in. and you might have to change seeat belts thats what i had to do. and drill holes in "new/old" seats to bolt em down.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search