Replacement trunk carpeting? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replacement trunk carpeting?
Friday, May 11, 2012 6:23 AM
A couple of years ago I accidentally spilled 5 quarts of oil in my trunk. After I cleaned the carpet multiple times using multiple methods (kitty litter, water, etc.). I decided to replace the carpet in the trunk. However, I can't find any from any local junk yards. Does the trunk carpet from other Sunfire years' work? Or does the trunk carpet from the Cavalier's work? Also, I saw on some site you can buy replacement generic trunk carpeting pretty cheap.....is that stuff any good?

Re: Replacement trunk carpeting?
Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:53 PM
Trunk carpet between the cavalier and sinfire is different.

I think Imight have some trunk carpet for a Sunfire, I need to look.

You can order it from GM.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:55 PM
If you have some that would be great! How much does it usually cost new from GM?
Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:01 PM
Here is another option (I'm thinking of trying this as well)
trunk mat

I will try and look tomorrow for that carpet, not sure on the GM price.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:14 AM
Did you have any luck?
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:00 PM
I saw it in the attic, it is just the 2 side pieces. The spare tire cover I do not have.

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:58 PM
If it helps, when I built my amp into the floor of my Sunfire, I used the carpet from an old Z34 I found in the junkyard - it's a perfect match. There should be a decent pic of it in my profile

Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:36 PM
I know replacement carpet for inside the car (not the trunk) is like over 800 bucks. I have tan in mine and I wanted to get some black/graphite stock carpet and that was the price. Nuts if you ask me.

Proud member since 99
Friday, July 06, 2012 5:42 AM
GoldFire wrote:I know replacement carpet for inside the car (not the trunk) is like over 800 bucks. I have tan in mine and I wanted to get some black/graphite stock carpet and that was the price. Nuts if you ask me.

What are you high? I bought a black replacement carpet for $150. This was also over 5 years ago. I think they have gone up to $220ish now.

ACCMats.com

Monday, July 09, 2012 5:49 PM
No I am not "HIGH". That was GM price. Yes I know there are cheaper carpets. I done some research after I was quoted the GM replacement price.

Proud member since 99
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search