Anyone REMOVED their seat covers to wash them?? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone REMOVED their seat covers to wash them??
Monday, August 06, 2012 8:10 AM
Hey guys, my seats are dirty as hell but not worn out. I am not into buying cheesy seat covers. I would like to remove the original GM fabric and wash it. Anyone ever do this to theirs??

thanks!!!

Re: Anyone REMOVED their seat covers to wash them??
Monday, August 06, 2012 9:38 AM
I havent ever done that and it would be a huge job. But I have had luck with using a air blower on the compressor and blowing the dirt out. You can take them in and get them shampooed as well.
Monday, August 06, 2012 10:00 AM
if you cant find a person to clean them with a steam exstractor then removing os possible however the backs n seat are glued on to hold their shape. i have recovered my exs seats when her pad split but its def not a thing to wanna do.

Monday, August 06, 2012 10:37 AM
I just used a Bissell Little Green on mine. As long as you let them dry after, its fine. They came out looking very clean.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, August 06, 2012 12:15 PM
^^That works as well. Do it on a hot day or put a space heater in there to help dry them out.
Monday, August 06, 2012 12:26 PM
Monday, August 06, 2012 8:09 PM
Thanks guys. The rug doctor machine looks like a neat idea. Anyone use it on their car???
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:28 PM
hell i just take some cheap carpet cleaner aerosol and spray it over the seat and rub like crazy and most everything comes out. this is all i have ever done on my interior panels honestly.. well save for actually removing the floor mats and spraying them down with the hose/soap...

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:47 AM
Tony T Crams wrote:I just used a Bissell Little Green on mine. As long as you let them dry after, its fine. They came out looking very clean.

I too used the Bissell Little Green Machine on all the cloth/fabric in my 2002 Sunfire GT and it worked great! I did the seats, the carpet, the rear deck, the cloth/fabric on the door panels and even the headliner and visors. The interior looked brand new (of course it wasn't that bad to begin with, but it still worked great nonetheless).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search