Window tinting issue - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Window tinting issue
Monday, July 30, 2012 4:55 AM
Hi all,

Have any of you ever been told by your tint person that he can't tint over the third brake light on the rear windshield because there is no room. Or that he has to remove the whole speaker assembly in the back to access the space? Or have any of you that did your tints personally ever have an issue with this?

2002 Cavalier

Re: Window tinting issue
Monday, July 30, 2012 5:28 AM
The correct way is to remove the rear deck and light.

It is still a son of a bitch to lint that far down.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 30, 2012 6:46 AM
I have only removed it on my 91 RS because I got rid of it. I never remove them and I have tinted over 100 cars. If you put soapy water on the outside of the window and lay your tint on there and squeegee it out. Then cut the tint for the brake light and the window. Then install it on the inside. You will not have to remove anything and it will look perfect as long as you cleaned the windows very good and squeegeed it correctly. I never tint the 3rd brake light are unless requested. Most of them have a black trim piece around them and it makes it look tinted when not on. Also from the inside you cannot tell the difference. Just my .02.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:31 PM
I personally removed the rear deck out of my 2002 Sunfire GT Coupe before taking it to have the windows tinted because I wanted them to tint over the 3rd brake light and didn't want them breaking anything while removing the rear deck. I think it looks much better if the 3rd brake light is tinted over. It looks weird if left untinted IMO.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 4:05 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:I personally removed the rear deck out of my 2002 Sunfire GT Coupe before taking it to have the windows tinted because I wanted them to tint over the 3rd brake light and didn't want them breaking anything while removing the rear deck. I think it looks much better if the 3rd brake light is tinted over. It looks weird if left untinted IMO.

this. 100%.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:29 PM
yes you definitely wanna get everything out of there so they have room to work. they can still do it but if its easier they will do a better job.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search