name that part - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
name that part
Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:35 PM
I found these on the passenger side kick panel, they are not connected to anything, this is on a 2004 Cavalier, I didn't see these on my 02.

this was there also, it looks like a relay or something, its near the other two

Re: name that part
Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:38 PM
I think they are harness data ports.

But then again im just guessing.

I dont recall seeing those on any of the 03-05's I tore apart.
Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:47 AM
I think that 2nd piece you showed is the power door lock relay. If you have power door locks that is. If not then your guess is as good as mine lol

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:14 AM
ill have to check and see if i have them too. does your car have power options? Purple for some reason as well as green remind me of the upgraded stereo package wires...

Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:53 AM
I'm with Vince on the purple and green wires.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:40 PM
it has power locks, and had the stereo with the amp in the trunk until I deleted it. no power windows, but I would like to add them in at a later date.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:18 AM
Power mirror and window harnesses. Just guessing, have you asked Chilton?

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:04 AM
i didn't know cavaliers ever had a factory amp in the trunk, thought that was a sunfir thing with the monsoon sound package.

still leaning toward the stereo option but since (from what i have seen) cavaliers never had it thats where the wires stopped

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:37 AM
mine had it, as far as I can tell all the wires from the amp went to a second plug in the back on the radio. I noticed that this car has a antenna for satellite radio so that could be it. I will find out for sure when I strip the interior in the spring.

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:39 PM
sat radio wouldn't be stock on a j body non of them had it

according to the schematic those plugs aren't amplifier either theres no connector for the amp other then the one at the radio and one in the trunck nothing at the kick panels

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, December 10, 2012 6:41 PM
Ls sports, and maybe ls's I'm not sure, have factory amped rear speakers. Some sunfires had a factory 4 channel, perhaps its something to do with that?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:57 PM
all that stuff as far as I can tell is on the drivers side (speaker wires and power for the amp)

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:09 PM
According to my schematics, it's the Vehicle Communication Interface Module. It's used for OnStar.

The other one is the door lock relay.

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:30 PM
I'd buy that.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 10, 2012 11:47 PM
My mom has a factory fully loaded 05 ls sport and it came factory with satelite radio with out the on-star option. She's had it since new with 0 miles on the ticker. There is actually a bunch running around me with the option. One way to tell is the dolphin fin antenna right above the windshield. Hers is suppose to also have the premium sound package where I swear on the build sheet when she got it new it said it had the 5 speaker premium sound system. How ever I don't know where there 5th speaker would be hiding as it is just like every other cavy's 4 speaker setup. It also doesn't have a amp in the trunk like the above said. Not sure about the area under the dash on the passenger side though, as I haven't been under the dash really digging around.
Monday, December 10, 2012 11:53 PM
Here is a few pictures of the factory satelite antenna cars where you can see the antenna.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search