How do I make this interior more comfortable? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do I make this interior more comfortable?
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:12 PM
So I just bought a 2000 cav with 80k on the clock. Seems like a good car but dang does this thing sit bad! The seat cuts off the circulation in my legs and the steering wheel is almost out of reach. To far forward. I would like to lower the seat but that will make the wheel height that much worse. Anyone got any ideas? Would swappin in a tilt column really make much differernce? I really need to move it out more than down. Im an average shaped 5'10 30yr old guy. Thanks!

Re: How do I make this interior more comfortable?
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:24 PM
ive never driven a cavalier without a tilt wheel, that would definitely suck lol

id get one swapped in and see how it works for ya. cant be that hard to find one in a junk yard.

as for seats, well that i dont know. ive seen people raise and lower them so i do know its possible. just gotta see where you are comfortable sitting and make it happen.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:47 PM
I have never found these cars uncomfortable. At least nothing that you could not adjust things and get it where you like it.

My first Z had no tilt, and having tilt is nice.

Pontiac seats sit lower you could try that.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:32 PM
remove the roof
Monday, March 25, 2013 4:16 PM
Spencer wrote:remove the roof

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:45 PM
there's a spacer between the seat and the rails, I removed mine, lowered the seat about 1/2" or 1". I can't remember and I thought I had to grind something off on one side, it was pretty easy. made a big difference I thought, I have tilt also so not sure what no tilt would be like.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:51 PM
never knew about the spacer thing, i used cavalier seat when i had my new seats made.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:09 PM
Grand am seats swap over fairly easily and if you don't modify the j body bracket, it will sit higher. The seats are also a lot more comfortable than j seats.

Friday, April 12, 2013 10:07 PM
the Camaro seats will sit a bit lower and narrower..but are also a direct swap with the cavalier seat brackets.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search