power windows - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power windows
Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:24 AM
I have a 97 sunfire and i have crank windows there a way to put in power windows?

Re: power windows
Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:37 AM
You can use a aftermarket spall kit or take the manual regulators out and put in oem electric ones and wire it up.
Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:31 PM
would that be hard to do if i did not know what I am doing?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:38 PM
Im going to be converting my crank windows to power when it warms up. Im using oem motors and regulators from another cavy just need to reserch how to wire the switch
Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:31 PM
Just buy the SPAL kit. It works great and install is SUPER easy. I did it in mine and its very straight forward on how to do it. Not to mention I put my switched in a different than factory location.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:43 PM
I think i will need alittle help on doing this

Monday, February 25, 2013 11:08 AM
its not hard at all... All you do is take your window crank off. the gear slides over where the crank is. the gear and cables are attached to the motors which EASILY mount to the door. Run your wiring. Done. If you dont want the crank shaft sticking through the door panel then they want you to drill and space the crank shaft inside the door. I didnt do this because the SPAL kit comes with an emergency handle if your window motor breaks you can still crank the window up.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:15 AM
Spal Window Kit
is this the kit everyone is talking about.

gilligan
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:14 PM
I purchased and installed this kit (it is helpful to have a second person with you while doing):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XWG7R2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not hard if you know basic wiring and can operate tools
Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:50 AM
Sheridan wrote:Spal Window Kit
is this the kit everyone is talking about.

Thats the one. SPAL is a great company to deal with. Love their products and mine are going 2-3 years strong with zero issues.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:16 AM
I have to fix my catalytic converter first, that broke right at where right by the flex hose part. Got it home safe with no ticket.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search