Leather Grand Am GT Seats - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Leather Grand Am GT Seats
Monday, February 07, 2011 5:39 PM
I got these done today, I bought them on Saturday for 40 bucks so it was a good deal. It was a simple install, I just switched the sliders; didn't really bother to do the power seat since I don't move my seat nor do any people go in the back.

Re: Leather Grand Am GT Seats
Monday, February 07, 2011 5:56 PM
so these are like the camaro seats where all you did was swap over the cavalier rails? nice find .

Monday, February 07, 2011 5:56 PM
Good work!

Sig'less since '02!
Monday, February 07, 2011 5:59 PM
years?

Monday, February 07, 2011 6:00 PM
yea, just swapped the sliders and had to get new bolts but nothing big. well the gagt i got the seats from was an 02
Monday, February 07, 2011 6:18 PM
i might have to do this since i sold my tan leathers. haha

Monday, February 07, 2011 6:41 PM
Okay, so I did this like 4 months ago. Not leather, but dark grey. I feel like i recall making a how-to, but I may not have. I think it was a reply o a previous thread. I'll go search for it.

I swapped the sliders only. it's a tight squeeze because the sliders are moved towards each other by about 1/2", but with some wiggling, and some small force, it will work fine. These seats are so much more supportive and comfortable. And I believe they are lighter than j seats (non-power), by a pound or two also. I can't prove that because I didn't weight them, but I think they are. I got a bonus though. I found mine from a coupe, so I have the handy little button on the back to flip the seats up quickly.

bluecavy, years are 99-05.

Monday, February 07, 2011 6:50 PM
i didnt have any trouble putting the sliders on lol i looked for a how to to do this but couldnt find it or i might not be a good searcher :p
Monday, February 07, 2011 6:54 PM
It's all good man, I just searched interior forum, AND google and didn't find my post, so Idk what happened to it. But I do remember making a short how to... I'll keep looking, but if google can't find it, I doubt i can.

Monday, February 07, 2011 6:56 PM
Also, you got lucky and got GT seats. I wish I found GT seats. I love the headrests.

I got my seats pretty dirt cheap too (also around $40 for both), so I might look for GT seats next time I go to the yard.

Monday, February 07, 2011 7:00 PM
yea i like the seats a lot, they feel way more comfortable than the cavy seats lol

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:04 PM
nice. definately doing this this spring. one of the few mods i could justify bothering with my car.

anybody ever figure out anything with some sedan rear seats? i don't suppose gagt rear's would swap right over like the fronts?

Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:11 PM
nicely done... that looks like it came from the factory with those seats

Rollin' on 16's*
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:46 PM
nice work....good snag....hook up the power !!!

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Friday, February 18, 2011 4:52 PM
sweet, looks great in there, gotta find me a set of these or f-bodys, i need new seats bad.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:07 PM
nice man looks stock!

blucavvy wrote:anybody ever figure out anything with some sedan rear seats? i don't suppose gagt rear's would swap right over like the fronts?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:35 PM
Volt wrote:nice man looks stock!

thanks, thats the look i was goin for
Thursday, March 07, 2013 4:17 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread but i dont know if its still being swapped i just swapped in 2 front bucket leather heated GRAND PRIX GTP seats from a 2000, into my 2001 Sunfire. Swap the sliders, the drivers seats the worst, all the damn electrical wiring. There a little wide so minor fab work is needed, lil bit of persuasion ;') But end results are worth it. Im sure its the same at the Grand am though? MUCH COMFIER THEN stock j body, well worth it mod if you snag em cheap, 50$ for them both at the U PULL yard.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:09 AM
so 4th gen camaro seats work as well as long as you swap the seat tracks? i wonder how much lowered id sit...... im looking for seats that wrap around me more and offer more suport for hard cornering

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:11 PM
mine are the 01 SS Camaro seats in ebony leather. snagged up a pair on a local CL ad quite a while back for a hell of a price
Camaro seats are lower, narrower, and thinner. But, I had zero issues simply swapping the sliders out. very easy. They look a lot better.
Those GA GT seats match perfectly with that tan interior, I knew about those but wasnt finding any. I like mine not really having head rests..makes them appear sportier, smaller.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search