water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor?
Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:25 AM
today i was trying to figure out why i have water in the right rear passenger floor. at first i thought it was the weather striping, so i took it off and cleaned it out, and looked and looked and couldn't determine that it is coming from the weather striping.

so i peeled the carpet off and it seems to be coming from center floor and towards the frontish. i don't have a notice able wetness in front but to me it seems it is coming from the ac water.

i'm not sure where to look next to try to fix this issue, if anyone could chime in would appreciate it.

thanks.

~1996 Cavalier LS 2.4L (auto)

Re: water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor?
Monday, May 06, 2013 11:00 PM
My car does that from time to time. You know that grate by your windshield where the wipers are. Leaves and twigs and dirt get caught up in there and block the drains in that area. The guy who fixes my car does it for me every year or so.It never fully goes away just get one of those Rubber weather tech matts with the groves to catch the droplets. Also stay away from car washes. Tell me if that helps, also i think some of these cars have some quirk with there heater boxes I am thinking of bleed out of my ass and replacing it with new stuff. Cars from the 90s and early 2000s are more about replacing then repairing
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:34 PM
Do you have a sunroof? The drains that run down the door seals like to plug up sometimes.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:11 PM
i dont have a sun roof.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:05 AM
i have narrowed down that its not coming from AC water. but now that it poured rain other day and its wet again. still not sure where its coming from.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:11 PM
i am having the same problem. the drain pan for the a/c heater box has a tube that goes thru the firewall is plugged. i am getting water coming out of my heater fan. As to the water puddle in the back seat floor board. its lower then the front seat floor board, so it (the water) will run to the back seat. It seams to be a problem wth some pontiac cars that GM cant figure out. quick and easiest way to fix it, is by drilling a 1/4 inch hole in the floor board if you dot want to pull the a/c drain pan off ad remove the junk thats there plugging the drain hole. hope this helps
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search