Anyone have a wiring diagram for the power windows - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the power windows
Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:15 AM
Hey guys,

So I just bought an '02 z24 coupe. The power window switches don't work at the moment. When I lift up the the switches, there is a yellow wire unplugged from the harness, everything else is plugged in. Does anyone know what the yellow wire is? Would this prevent it from working? I'm not sure if the previous owner didn't realize it was unplugged or if they unplugged it for a reason (you'd think they would just unplug the entire harness). I don't want to plug it in and find out it overheats or something like that, I don't really know much. I know this may sound like a stupid question but I'm always cautious when it comes to wires.
Thanks!

Re: Anyone have a wiring diagram for the power windows
Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:15 PM
I just looked in my Hanyes manual and there is no yellow wire in the power window system at all. Only colors listed are Brown, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Tan, Dark Green, Light Green, Purple, Black and Grey.

Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:15 PM
lafonjef wrote:I just looked in my Hanyes manual and there is no yellow wire in the power window system at all. Only colors listed are Brown, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Tan, Dark Green, Light Green, Purple, Black and Grey.

Sorry, yeah, it's the tan wire. Not sure why I thought it was yellow. I plugged it in and the windows still aren't working.. going to try the fuse next time i go (cars in a different town to be stored)

Any other ideas on what I should look at to find out whats wrong?

Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:56 PM
With the radio potentially messed up, now this. It sounds like this car may have been owned by a @!#$'n idiot. If you know who this idiot is, call him up and ask him about the window switch. You can try hitting up a junkyard and seeing if they have a working switch.
Sunday, May 05, 2013 6:00 PM
teal wrote:With the radio potentially messed up, now this. It sounds like this car may have been owned by a @!#$'n idiot. If you know who this idiot is, call him up and ask him about the window switch. You can try hitting up a junkyard and seeing if they have a working switch.

The radio's fine, lol, it's just the power windows not working right now. I just wanted to put my aftermarket stereo into the new one so i could put my subs in as well.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:06 PM
Have we checked the fuse?http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/index.php
Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:17 PM
Don't know if you still need them but here its a link I found with the diagrams http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2004-chevrolet-cavalier-windows-switch-circuit-picture good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search