headliner? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headliner?
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:07 PM
I was at the scrap yard the other day and saw an older (95-99) sunfire GT with black headliner. I LOVED! it but I have a sunroof so looking for one with sunroof. does anyone know of hand what years/models and sunfire or cavalier that came with black headliner thanks

Re: headliner?
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:27 PM
i know the 95-98's had it, I have done the swap. you will also need the a pillars and the giant plastic rear pieces from the same car.
Your text to link here...
here is a link to a how to on doing the swap

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:06 AM
wow very cool thanks that will help a lot. mine has a sunroof so think it might be hard to find. did u paint your mirrors or is that the z24 ones?
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:08 AM
you have your self a very nice sunfire by the way
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:45 PM
The graphite headliners were in all 1995-1997 Cavaliers and Sunfires. I was able to find one for my 2002 Sunfire GT that had a sunroof. It may take a while, but if you keep an eye out, eventually you'll find one.

Also, if you have a 1998-2002 Cavalier/Sunfire, you do not need any other parts i.e. a pillars, b pillars, c pillars, etc. You only need those parts for 2003-2005 Cavaliers/Sunfires because the shapes of those parts were changed for the 2003-2005 models.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:55 PM
vibenvy wrote:

Also, if you have a 1998-2002 Cavalier/Sunfire, you do not need any other parts i.e. a pillars, b pillars, c pillars, etc. You only need those parts for 2003-2005 Cavaliers/Sunfires because the shapes of those parts were changed for the 2003-2005 models.

^^This, tho the one thing diff between my 2000Z and the 97 fire gt i took the headliner from was the sunroof button...well the plugin, was diff, i had to keep/reuse mine

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:07 PM
thanks mine is a 03 so Ik I'll have to do a bit more work but I'm ok with that. and ya not in a big hurry for it but when I see it I'm getting it! and thanks for the heads up about the sunroof button. jw does anyone have a pic of the graphite headliners? thanks
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:14 PM
love the vibe I got to say if I was not driving a J I think I'd get a 02 vibe AWD and build a wrx want a be lol
Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:12 AM
i have a sunroof to, i got my sunroof button to work fine and mine is out of a 03, im not sure if i could ship it but there is a headliner at a local pull a part like what your looking for (sunroof and clean) if u would wana pay to ship that thing i would pull it next time i go. and il get ya a pic later.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:17 PM
here is what it looks like put in.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:08 PM
2KZ wrote:^^This, tho the one thing diff between my 2000Z and the 97 fire gt i took the headliner from was the sunroof button...well the plugin, was diff, i had to keep/reuse mine

There is no need to change the sunroof switch. I just re-used mine.

dan moore wrote:love the vibe I got to say if I was not driving a J I think I'd get a 02 vibe AWD and build a wrx want a be lol

Thanks! I love my Vibe, but I definitely do miss my Sunfires sometimes . Good luck finding a 2002 Vibe (they didn't start until the 2003 model year!) !

Here are a couple pictures of the graphite headliner in my former 2002 Sunfire GT Coupe:

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:06 PM
LOL ya forgot it was a 03 LOL. and thanks alex and vibenvy for pics. I LOVE the black but in my 03 I swapped to the black and red spec z24 seats I was jw if they made headliner to like the seats????
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:43 PM
nope, just the graphite (black) or the weird tan color. but that would be neat to see. little much to me on a car from the factory.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:27 AM
ok cool ty ya I'm doing the black
Monday, July 22, 2013 12:36 PM
People... it's graphite/dark grey, NOT black !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search