3 gauge steering column - need help rewiring Hazards - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3 gauge steering column - need help rewiring Hazards
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:26 AM
I'm making a 3 gauge steering column pod and I need to relocate the hazards switch. I'd like to make it a push button vs the push pull switch we all currently have. I'm terrible at wiring and have tried searching. I could really use some help!!

Cheers

Re: 3 gauge steering column - need help rewiring Hazards
Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:10 PM
The hazard switch is internal to the whole multifunction switch. When you slide it over; you actually close @5 contacts inside to make all the lights flash. I could probably email you some wiring diagrams to explain, but I have another suggestion.....
Could you just build the gauge pod over the switch(maybe cut it down a bit) and just run a rod out to the right with push/pull button on the end?

Actually, now that I think about it; Im sure you could also wire in a mechanical flasher under the dash that tapped into the lighting output wires from the switch. That would give you the ability to have your T/S switch still work and then have a remote switch for HAZ.

Do you have a particular switch in mind, or are you simply looking for something as plan as a rocker switch for your hazards?
I'm pretty certain i can make this work for you. If I can, and I send you pertinent info/diagrams, can you put it all up here for others to see? I can figure it out, but I know I'll probably not have time to do a write-up here.

PM me.
Re: 3 gauge steering column - need help rewiring Hazards
Friday, September 13, 2013 8:56 AM
Wow thanks for responding! I thought this thread would die after a couple of days. I now have hope!

PM'd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search