inner dash - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
inner dash
Monday, January 13, 2014 5:54 PM
i have a 2004 silver special edition cavalier. im starting to mod it. i just got a pioneer headunit and want to paint the inner dash silver to match the body. my question is does anybody have a picture of a silver one they did and also do you have to sand it because its not that rough or can you just prime it then paint it then clear it? thanks for the help in advance.

Re: inner dash
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:09 AM
It entirely depends on the finish you want. If you want it to be smooth and glossy like the exterior of the car, then you're going to have to sand it smooth before you prime and paint it. I did mine years ago in silver, using bumper paint, and I put very light coats of base and mid-coat clear on it, so that it maintained the factory texture and finish (it looked almost like it was silver plastic). If that's what you want, then no sanding is required. The only pic I have is this one, and I appologize for the poor quality, but I was trying to get the gauges, not the dash:

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:13 PM
Where did you get those gauges? They're beautiful.
Friday, January 17, 2014 6:25 PM
Don't ask unless you have deep pockets but I believe they are Dakota digital unless I'm wrong.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, January 17, 2014 7:44 PM
Austen Kopp wrote:Where did you get those gauges? They're beautiful.
they are Dakota digital, I think 1300$ new?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:25 AM
i just looked on the Dakota digital site and they dont sell anything for the cavalier other than a gauge pod. they have universal ones but how would you go about hooking one up? they are nice! and only around $600 ish.

Saturday, January 18, 2014 12:45 PM
shanez24 wrote:i just looked on the Dakota digital site and they dont sell anything for the cavalier other than a gauge pod. they have universal ones but how would you go about hooking one up? they are nice! and only around $600 ish.
it's a custom one he had made

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:00 PM
oh ok

Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:00 PM
theyre what need to be in teh sunfire
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:33 AM
Hahaha. I didn't mean to jack this thread, but yes, those gauges are Dakota Digital VFD3-ORIG6. You send them your factory cluster, and they remove the guts and install theirs with a custom smoked lens to fit the housing. It comes with a separate computer box (about the size of a small amplifier), and it is wired the same as you would individual gauges. It's for sale (see link in my sig), and Spencer, if you're actually interested, I could retrofit a Sunfire cluster with it. I actually have a bunch of housings laying around.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:31 PM
PMed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search