Arg! Dash on 04 SF - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Arg! Dash on 04 SF
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:01 AM
I cannot get this thing off for the life of me. I've tried everything and the run through at teamforwardmotion doesnt help. I dont have screws in the defrost vent and I cant get the smaller top dash piece (goes all the way across, 3-4" wide) off. Its held in by clips and it seems like theres 1 left, but thats where the defrost vent is. If I can just get this smaller piece off, I'm sure I can find the rest of the screws and stuff to get it off, but it wont budge. How the hell does it come off??

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Re: Arg! Dash on 04 SF
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:47 AM
Alright I got it, the defrost thing is held in by clips, and strong ones at that. Gave it a good pull and it came off.

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:51 AM
you got a lemon... I havent had any problems with mine

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:22 AM
I think its just generally in there tight, since there are no screws anymore. The small dash piece under the windshield is hend in by 1 screw underneith that vent. Once that piece is off you can unscrew the rest of the dash. Think there is 3-5 hidden under that piece.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search