Cigarette Lighter base - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cigarette Lighter base
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:44 AM
What holds this mofo in? I've got the harness taken off but I am not removing the whole bottom piece of the dash, please tell me it isnt a screw. I need the WHOLE thing to come out and leave a hole in the dash. I dont think its clips because it would have come out when I pushed/pulled on it but nothing happened.

I need this piece out for something im working on with my hvac relocation

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Re: Cigarette Lighter base
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:45 AM
its clips...i think you should stop touching your car, you seem to not know how to do anything....and everything is broken on your car....maybe you should not modify it at all...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:48 AM
Thanks for the comments, I seem to not know how to do anything do I? Ignorance is bliss. Thanks. You can leave now

So far I've got an engine rebuild, which blew, now a new engine. 5 hours later, clutch burned up. New clutch now. Alternator dies next day. 2 days later battery goes aswell.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:01 AM
Anyone else have an idea how to get at this clip(s)? I think I can see one of them near the top, but it doesnt make sence, I cant even feel any other ones and the clip doesnt move when I press on it.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:03 AM
you have that part that the lighter is on off the car right? if so you pretty much wiggle an push from the back...where the connector used to be....its tiny little clips that hold it in place dont be afraid to force it out....

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:10 AM
I have been forcing it, its not moving. This is the piece thats stuck in the dash, the harness connects to it. Just incase we arent talking about the same piece. But for the life of me it wont come out...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:12 AM
yup i know what your talkin about, just force it out, it will come out, dont be afraid, it wont be the first thing to break on your car lol

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:18 AM
I just tried needle nose pliers on the inside of it (bent a little metal and grabbed) and pulled really hard and it didnt budge. I am not pushing those clips on the back though, I tried but they dont go in. I dont plan on keeping this thing, but I dont wanna wreck the dash, how else can I get it out?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:32 AM
go to walmart, in the automotive dept. look for the cigarette lighters with a black plastic thing that comes with it. that black piece will pop out your cigarette lighter VERY easily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:04 PM
I got it, broke the clips but who cares. Its out and Im happy.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:22 PM
I had to force mine out i just went crazy on it with a pair of needlenose bending it inward in a circle until it finally came out

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:38 PM
99s and earlier are so nice, they just thread together just removed mine to paint the dash lol. sucks to be one of you new car owners .

j~
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:30 PM
hahaha yah i ripped mine out 2
broke the clips
i dunno how the hell it was going to come out neways looks like there was no possible way to do it
Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:27 PM
mine is a 99 and it was the same way as the newer ones. Had to show it who was boss.
Friday, February 25, 2005 5:44 PM
I've never had a problem with mine. I'm wondering if he had the top part of the dash off or not?

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:50 PM
oh how i love my 96...it threads togethor..i just untwist and its off easier than pulling the lighter out of it to light a ciggarette lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search