04 sunfire trunk - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 sunfire trunk
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:37 PM
Okay I am going to post this message here and in the exterior forum because I don't know what it falls under.

I of course have an 04 sunfire and after I wash it or it rains and I open the trunk water is inside of the trunk lid itself. I took it to the dealer and had it looked at and was told by them that this was NORMAL which I still don't believe and it is still doing this. Anyone else have this problem and how/if did you fix it? Now that I am getting my system installed I would prefer to not have to worry about water in the trunk of my car.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: 04 sunfire trunk
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:20 PM
my 03 has done it from the begining.... i still cant figure it out...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:28 PM
yup mine does it too
no clue wtf is wrong with it
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:55 PM
Try replacing the seal going around the trunk lid. It should still be under warranty for a car that new.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:06 PM
no but see they say this is normal
and i know a few people with the same car
all seem to have a similar problem
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:00 AM
Whether they say it is normal or not they are wrong, GM might not be the smartest company but they definitely did not design the trunk lid to accept water - it is not a fishbowl! If it is inside the trunk lid I would take off the factory spoiler and any thing else that is bolted to the trunk and put clear silicone around the inside and outside of the bolt holes and seal up any potential areas for water to get into the trunk lid. My car did it after I changed the spoiler, the factory little rubber/foam gasket pieces that came with the spoiler would not seal the water out, I used silicone and now no more leaks.

It worked for me, maybe it will for you.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:54 AM
i dunno its not like alot of water gets into the actual trunk
but it comes in thru some place and ends up in the trunklid but when you open the trunk its like theres some place it stores water and its slowly drains into your trunk when you open it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search