Auto windows and locks? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto windows and locks?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:45 PM
I wan't some auto windows and locks on my 2001 caviler. Is it easy enough to do by myself, or should I find a chevy dealer? Are they going to try to charge me way too much?

Does anyone know a site that would sell the power kits? perferably together so they would be one control kinda. Mounted in the door?

If these are mounted what happens to the hole for the crank arm? Any pics of self done jobs? Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I did do a search, it yeilded no desierable returns.

Re: Auto windows and locks?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:04 PM
i'm also looking to make the conversion on my 97. I'm planing to buy 2 motor from ebay for about 80$ and the center console with the swich or just the swich, then wiring everything.
for the whole, you can fill it with fiberglass, but me i'll just get the panel from one that already have these in a junkyard! For the power lock, i might buy an autolock kit from jason at aplusporformance.com
The dealer will probably rip you off like always!

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:14 PM
The Autoloc kits are good....

power locks

power windows

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, February 25, 2005 4:38 AM
aPlusPerformance.com ~~ Jason wrote:The Autoloc kits are good....

power locks

power windows

what he said^^^ i bought my power window and power lock kits from aplus. the install on both was very easy and didn't take long at all.

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:48 PM
stock replacements, never had a problem find a car at the wrecker, go to town on it, rip the lock actuators and windows, they're not that hard to wire up

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:08 PM
Might help to tell him to take cordless drill to help with that!

Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:55 AM
I put aftermarket power windows in my car, boy do i love em!. Instead of putting them on my door, i cut my center console thingie in my sunfire, cut the plastic holder for the 2 switch, and molded it in. It's pretty slick!

Beat it like it owes you money
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search