Help with installing airbags - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with installing airbags
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:36 AM
I have a couple of questions. I need to install airbags in a 97 sunfire that we have. The airbags were deployed and I want to buy a set from ebay. Now my question is how do I safely install these? Do I just plug everything back in? Or is there a special order that they need to be put in?

Also if I buy just the air bags without module can I install a module from another set that has not been deployed? Thanks

Re: Help with installing airbags
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:57 AM
DO NOT BUY AIR BAGS FROM EBAY!!!!!
you need to buy from a dealership they need to give you the correct bag`s for the car using the vin number
in the steering wheel you ned to replace all the clock spring and modulas also for the passenger side
replace dash replace steering colom as well
some cars you have to replace all modulas
and have the air bag code removed

can i haz bondo
Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:02 PM
You sure about that? Anybody else want to comment on this?

Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:45 PM
ummmmm ya i am sure about that i do fix cars for a living and when a bag deploys in the steering wheel all components need to be replaced
on some cars the colom does too and all sensors
just trust a body fender tech when i say do not buy air bags off ebay

can i haz bondo
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:23 PM
he was just askin for a second opinion. just chill
anyways dont buy from ebay, u never can be too sure about that. i dont have airbags at the moment cuz the previous owner got in a wreck. this spring im goin to go the dealer. it might be more expensive but hey at least its reliable! plus ur prolly gonna hafta replace other parts too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search