Gauge Pod Install - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge Pod Install
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:32 PM
Hey guys i was just wondering if someone could let me know if you have to remove the stock pillar to install the lotek 3-gauge pillar? Let me know guys, thanks.

All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for NO ONE.

Re: Gauge Pod Install
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:35 PM
You can install it one of two ways, screw it to the stock pillar, or completely remove the stock pillar and screw it to the sheet metal.

I'm taking option 3, custom fiberglass it into the stock pillar

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:05 PM
i would think it would look alot cleaner if you put it to the sheet metal or better yet, glass it like Shifted said.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:25 PM
Problem with putting it directly on the sheet metal is that you loose the trim piece that extends down the door to meet the lower trim panel. The lotek pod doesn't have that.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 07, 2005 7:57 AM
I thought that the 3 pod pillar was the whole pillar trim piece, not just a portion. Good thing i dont care for pillar pods.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:43 PM
just tear the damn thing off. its on with these little snaps. then drill into the metal with a hole slightly smaller than those self tapping screws.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:17 PM
Will there be enough room for the wiring, etc.?

All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for NO ONE.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:58 PM
yeah, there is, i installed the lo-tek pillar as well, and theres plenty of space for you to run the wires. Chances are, youll have the whole dash off when wiring up the power for these gauges and such, so you just run the wires down the inside of the pillar, then to wherever. Ex. For my a/f ratio gauge, i ran the sensor wire down through the dash, under the fuse panel, and then up through the rubber wiring thing behind the pedals into the engine compartment. Heres a pic of my installed pod (with wired gauges) just to prove it..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search