how much primer for interior? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how much primer for interior?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:06 AM
Can you guys try and help me and tell me how much primer I should get to spray my interior with an hvlp gun? DASH(top) DASH(bottom) Door pannels. QUARTER Pannel covers, Floor guards, Rear speaker deck, every graphite piece in the car.

JUst give me an average

Re: how much primer for interior?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:42 PM
anyone?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:40 AM
ill say 2 cans and i am generous, it also have to do with the way you shoot the paint!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:25 AM
Just buy some cans of Bull Dog primer. There is a spray attachment you can get at Pepboys or Advanced Auto Parts to attach to it to make it act like a sprayer. I used Bull dog 2 years ago and not one chip or flake as of today.

Alex
Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:11 PM
I want the kind that is sprayed from a gun, not a can, the primer is different, the gun primer will br stronger and will allow flex of the plastic. I had a local shop tell me to get a gallon of primer, but that seems like alot
Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:40 PM
Alexander Andrade wrote:Just buy some cans of Bull Dog primer. There is a spray attachment you can get at Pepboys or Advanced Auto Parts to attach to it to make it act like a sprayer. I used Bull dog 2 years ago and not one chip or flake as of today.

Alex

Rattle can primer never completely hardens, it may feel dry to the touch, but molecularly (sp?) it is never dry. The reason for that is you cant put hardner in the can with it, or it would harden in the can. Although it would be ok on an interior, if you use rattle can on the outside of the car you should always spray actuall automotive primer/sealer over that before applying paint.

I would say a quart would do it, to coat everything once, if your wanting to prime, sand, prime, sand, etc. then i would go with a gallon.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search