shifter and e-brake questions... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shifter and e-brake questions...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:00 PM
whats up everyone...im new to all this and was wondering how to take the e-brake handle off a 97 cavi...if u know anything please let me know....alos, i seen someone on here shortened their automatic tranny shifter....i have an idea of how it prolly is done, but im not positive...i was thinking u could use a pipe cutter and go down a ways on the shaft around it till it breaks then slide the part u cut off...off the center plastic piece that pushes down....then shorten up the plastic piece and your done....so if u know anything about these thing, please let me know, i appreciate all your help and am very greatful to have u guys here to give me a hand....THANX!

Re: shifter and e-brake questions...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:27 PM
the ebrake handle has to be cut off, it doesn't just pull off. as far as cutting down the shifter on an auto, you can use a dremel to cut down the metal shaft, then you have to cut down the yellow peg as much as you cut down the shaft, so it's still sticking up the same amount above the shaft as it was before. shouldn't take very long.

Re: shifter and e-brake questions...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:50 PM
thanx man, just did it actually....turned out pretty tight....i also put a 03 angled shift knbo on and a manual center console piece with the boot.....i appreciate your help! ill post pics soon, also....one of the junkyards out here has 32 cavis and like 20 sunfires, from brand new to old....walk through junkyard, so u can pick out whatever, do u know by chance whats all universal? thanks!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search