Dome light acting up - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dome light acting up
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:48 PM
Ok my dome light just wont turn off now. I made sure all the doors and closed and drive around for a few minutes and the done light won't turn off. I pull the fuse for the dome light and then i start my car and the dome light is off but then the radio don't work. So now i don't know what to do. I checked the dimmer switch to make sure it isn't all the way up. I got a 95 manual cav if that matters <br>

Re: Dome light acting up
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:41 PM
the little button inside the door frame towards the front of the vehicle is probably stuck, just give it a yank and everything should be okay
Friday, February 11, 2005 11:04 PM
Now i turned my brights on and my dome light will stay on as long as i have my brights on................any thoughts?

Saturday, February 12, 2005 2:23 PM
you need to reseal your headlamps..the light is shining thru a hole in the back of the headlamps and thru the firewall into the dome light.

i have no idea..lol sounds like a huge wiring problem check for frayed wires and stuff

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:53 AM
there was a recall on something similiar to that. the dome comes on unexpectedly while driving. did you install a CD player.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:55 AM
Yes i installed it myself, i installed a pinoeer cd player in my car before and had no problems, now i installed a panasonic one like 6 months ago. I had a tv and PS2 in my car too but i took that out and i think it has been acting up since then. Any ideas???

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:15 PM
see, mine works fine, but somtimes when i remote start the car and the light goes on, if i open the door, put the key in, and hit the brake to turn off the remote start, my dome light turns on, off, on off, slowly, but steady, and i hear a clicking from the convienience module next to the glovebox... i wonder whats wrong... (it rarely happens)

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:36 PM
i have the same problem .i have a 99 sunfire. it may have to be how the remote start is set up but i am wondering why it does it to.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:25 AM
hey man i had some problems with my interior dome light i had fuse problems about 6 months ago and the fuse kept on popping my stereo wouldnt work and the dome light was out i ended up haveing fried wires in the dash on the passenger side and i believe it was caused by faulty wiring the stock alarm that gives you automatic locks seemed to be the problem with mine me and a bunch of my friend ripped it out and rewired the fried wires and replaced the fuzes and now my stereo and dome light work like normal
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:38 AM
it is a recall, needs to be done on a lot of cars, they just put a relay or something to fix this!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search