Faze A/F Ratio gauge question - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Faze A/F Ratio gauge question
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:41 PM
I'd like to hear from some of you who might have this gauge.. how easy it is to connect, how durable it is (ie: won't burn out or quit working). The reason I'm asking is that today at Advance Auto, this guy bought one (and a couple other gauges) a week ago, but then changed his mind and wanted to bring them back.. but he had no receipt for the A/F gauge, so we couldn't take it back. I happened to mention that I was thinking about getting one eventually. Well.. the guy called me back at the store and said he still couldn't find the receipt so he'd be willing to sell it to me for $35 (it sells new for $60). It's a good deal, and hell, even if it's defective, I can always exchange it. My main thing is.. I hadn't planned on getting this gauge for a while (I have no gauge pod) and I don't really have the extra cash to just blow on something I wont use for a while.

Anyways.. suggestions and opinions are welcome. Is this an okay gauge? Or is $35 still a rip?

My Car Domain Page

Re: Faze A/F Ratio gauge question
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:09 AM
OK I have the black face one install took me like 30 mins and as long
as your crusing its a light show its cool to see when your on the gas or braking
just don't try to tune with it not that advance like a wideband
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:02 PM
I have it and its pretty easy to install as long as you know what wire to splice into for the o2 sensor connection. Its not a rip off cause ive hed mine for like a year and mine is still going strong.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:20 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I may go ahead and pick it up (presuming the guy calls me back). Downside is, I need to make my car payment, pay for the repairs on my guitar, order the hoodie my g/f gave me the money for a month ago AND spring for the Road Hazzard protection on the new set of tires I had to get because I blew one out last night. At least my grandmother paid for those =D

My Car Domain Page

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:31 PM
Hey Blue Splash, would you happen to have a picture of the gauge at night, lit up? Those come with the fader to go from green to blue right? I'd like to see the difference. Thanks.

My Car Domain Page

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:14 AM
Ill get ya a picture today....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search