reverse glow gages - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
reverse glow gages
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:04 PM
what do you guys think of these for my 04 cav? and installation, get it done professionally or easy to do myself?
http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/1415-RE-033.htm

http://www.cardomain.com/id/beltzie21

Re: reverse glow gages
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:13 PM
those are cool but you can find the WAY cheaper than 70 dollars. try procarparts.com they have some you may like for ALOT cheaper. i have owned to differant sets of gauges from them and was never disappointed!!!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:15 PM
i did reverse glow gauges on my 05 sunfire myself.... it depends how flexible the face is. if its floppy, you can point all your needles in one position and slide it down onto them. DO NOT REMOVE THEM.

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:58 PM
Beltzie21 - If you decide to order those, let me know. I can save you a few bucks on them.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:00 AM
I just got a nice set of European-style reverse glows for my 05 Cavalier. With shipping, only came to $45. Me thinks these people on the site you are looking at, are over charging ridiculously.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:33 AM
Email me when you get them - I can talk you through the install. I have done this several times and just installed my Speedhuts last weekend - very easy.

Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:07 PM
getting your dash apart is VERY easy.
tools:
i can't remember the socket size you need ... 7 mm?
a panel popper
phillips head screwdriver

on the ends of the dash on both sides, there are panels that pop straight off .. like where the fuse box is.
then you can go from there. there are 1 or 2 bolts on each side-remove those ... then open up the glove box, there's 2 on a metal frame there. then the vent in the center of the dash by the windshield is a phillips head screw.

use the panel popper and go along the the bottom of the dash ... gently, firmly popping them apart. the top of the dash comes straight up and out, make sure you don't puncture your airbag with the metal bracket on the passenger side.

next, you need to remove the front dash bezel ... where the radio is ...
it's just as easy. remove the bolts on the driver side (if there are any left) and along the top of the bezel. set your steering wheel as low as it will go. use your panel popper again. it's kind of tricky to get the bezel out from between the guage cluser and the steering wheel. just be careful, go slow. don't force it out.
then you will need to unplug the interior light dimmer knob, and the cigarette lighter. pull it up and out like before.

i think there are 2 more bolts holding your gauge cluster to your dash. take those out, and unplug the 1 wire.

the plastic cover just pops off the gauage cluster. be VERY CAREFUL DO NOT REMOVE THE NEEDLES!!!

I don't know how you install the glowing guages though, i haven't done that. I just got a chrome trim piece.

good luck!
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:40 PM
exodus 259 wrote:I just got a nice set of European-style reverse glows for my 05 Cavalier. With shipping, only came to $45. Me thinks these people on the site you are looking at, are over charging ridiculously.

where did you get yours from? that seems like a great price to me!

i tried emailing you and got the auto-response, lol
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:14 PM
I'm sorry about that, I have my spam settings really high on my e-mail. I'll tone them down since people from here seem to be e-mailing me quite frequently now. I e-mailed you back about the information. Check your mail
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:37 PM
exodus 259 wrote:I'm sorry about that, I have my spam settings really high on my e-mail. I'll tone them down since people from here seem to be e-mailing me quite frequently now. I e-mailed you back about the information. Check your mail

hey, whats the site for those? it seems like a good deal..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/beltzie21
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 9:58 PM
Well well, for those wondering...

http://trivisionauto.com/

The guy seems to sell neon's, Xenon's, reverse glows, etc. From what I'm seeing, his prices are pretty good as well. Check Ebay as well for the username "trivisionauto", cause he has auctions for his stuff as well.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:48 PM
I got mine on ebay.......35 bucks....go from geen to blue........................cant figure out how to get the lights to work......At night all i see are needles

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:00 PM
35 and go from green to blue? I bet those are the same ones as I got. See, I'm getting mine professionally done at an electronics shop I know, so I don't gotta worry about these small problems. I do know that there is a switch that has to be installed for it to go from green to blue, so not sure if thats where your problem is?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:47 PM
i'm about to buy the blue/green glow guages...

do they come with directions? How do you put them on without messing up the needles? I have an 04 cavalier.

and i'm assuming you wire it to something so when you turn your lights on, they glow. Where would I tap into power from? is that in the directions?

Thanks for the info!
-Matt
Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:42 AM
the reverse glow gauge face that goes from green to blue i have in my 1996 cavalier.i spliced into the light wires for the hvac.but first make sure you have the digital controler not the analog controler for the gauge face.if anyone needs help e-mail me and i'm glad to offer any help i can.

Friday, April 15, 2005 1:50 PM
DO IT YOUR SELF ITS SUPER EASY!!!

I personally like the plain white faces. the reverse indiglos look cheap to me. but remember read my sig!!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, April 15, 2005 6:13 PM
I'm actually kinda annoyed with mine. I had mine professionally done a few days ago, and I didn't realize it, but my switch isn't there. My gauges are stuck at blue (which I love anyways), but it would've been cool to switch them.

Oh, you are all welcome about the website and guys username...:rolleyes:
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search