3gal compressor..how much spray time? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3gal compressor..how much spray time?
Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:11 PM
Ok my dad bought a 3 gallon compressor..I was looking to buy a spray gun and the guy at the store told me that it would not spray very long before it would kick out and fill the tank again. How long will the spray last with that size tank? Do I need to get a bigger tank? If so what size and what is everyone else using?

If I had to buy bigger i was lookin at 5 HP with a 13 gallon tank.

Re: 3gal compressor..how much spray time?
Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:21 PM
Probably be alright for fenders and bumpers, but anything bigger and you'd run out of air. Really depends on the gun and how much pressure you are using.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:26 PM
well i am using it stricktly for interior pieces so if that's the size of pieces I would say the parts I would run into trouble with would be the door panels and the rear panels....the guns I was looking at are 40 PSI.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:23 PM
HVLP guns can push way more than 40 psi, the recommended spraying psi though for HVLP guns is between 30-40psi at the most (high volume, low pressure)

Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:02 PM
actually, if you don't wanna buy another compressor what you can do is set the regulatopr to kick on at high pressures this way it nearly runs all the time. Just be sure to take breaks to let the compressor catch up. My stepdad used an underpowered compressor to paint our boat. as long as you dont have your finger on the trigger the whole time and the compressor just keeps running you should be ok. course im not a painter so don't take this as absolute fact.

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search