Couple Seat and Headliner Questions - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Couple Seat and Headliner Questions
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:24 PM
i have a couple questions regarding the seats and headliner.

first off, as far as taking out the seats, is it as easy as just removing the 4 nuts on each corner and pullingf them out?

also, im looking to recover my headliner, to take how would i take it out? just pop out all the retainers and dome and pull it backwards? how do i get the dome ligh out btw, i jus wanna make sure because i dont want to break it.

also, for those who have recovered the headliner. did u spray the adhesive straight on the existing headliner and attach the new fabric to that? or did u peel the old one off? and for the visors, how did u put the two halfs back together?

thx for any help

Re: Couple Seat and Headliner Questions
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:37 PM
Vinyl your head liner

as for taking it off pop off the dome light cover, i think there is a screw or 2 in there then take off your pillars front and back. should come right out. take off the old fabric and try to sand off as much of the old adhesive. they sell it in cans at autozone.

dont knwo about the seats.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:50 PM
Yes, it is as easy as removing those four bolts and pulling up the seats. Make sure you disconnect the seatbelt sensor under the driver's side, too. Size is 13mm, deep-well socket.

Headliner: Remove all of the retaining clips, remove the dome light cover: pops off with a flathead. Remover the two clothes hangers on each side of the backseat. It would also be good to loosen the trim pieces in the backseat also. After you remove all of these, the headliner should basically fall down. Make sure before you try and yank it out of your car that you remove the dome light and the two buttons from the opposite side of the headliner.

What I did to recover my headliner was just clean it off, let it dry for about a day or two, then I bought some carpet adhesive in a can (can't remember the brand) for about $15 a can. Spray this on about 18" lengths at a time, so you can be sure to get no creases. Also helps tons to have an extra set of hands help you.

I have a pic of my finished project, no progress pics, sorry.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:03 PM
I just cut my seat belt sensor cause I couldn't get the clip off. I always wear my seatbelt, but not it doesn't blink at me if I don't put it on the moment i get in my car.

Yes....... I know that's not a lizard.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search