instrument cluster not working - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
instrument cluster not working
Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:15 PM
I have a 2000 cavalier 2.2 with a five speed trans. I have an instrument cluster with out the tach. So I got a cluster from the junk yard with a tach. After instalation everything works except the needles or back light. The car runs and passlock was not needed. Did I get a bad cluster, or did I do something wrong?

Re: instrument cluster not working
Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:25 PM
i think you need to get a special version of it. i remember reading someone else who did the same thing as you and you need to either get some sort of adapter or you need one that is from your exact year or something. can't remember it right but try searching the forums. i am bad at searching this forum or i would do it for you.
Monday, June 28, 2010 5:57 AM
I have searched for two hours and have not found anything. Thanks for the info. The cluster was out of an 03 so this helps.
Monday, June 28, 2010 8:42 AM
donald skinner wrote:I have searched for two hours and have not found anything. Thanks for the info. The cluster was out of an 03 so this helps.

Check with some of the dash swap posts in the interior forum. I think someone may have said something about that. If all else fails, it just might be the gauge.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:01 PM
thanks for all the info. Cluster number two works. Surprising because the J it came out of was in horrible shape..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search