TV's mounted on back of seats. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TV's mounted on back of seats.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:05 PM
I'm going to do everything I can to mount TV's on my back seats. (95 cavalier coupe). 10 to 14 inches is the plan. One for each seat.
Anyone do this before or have any suggestion on how to hang them and make them look clean?

I sat in the back seat of my car for the first time and I had a vision... Halo will be played in my car. = D

Re: TV's mounted on back of seats.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:08 PM
Sorry, I wasn't sure if this should go in audio/electronics or here.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:22 PM
well first off the seats back side is more or less hollow. the seat consists of metal frame, foam pad, cloth cover, metal grid for back support of foam and a peice of carboard. ull need to make a braket to support the tv.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:38 PM
yeah i figured, I was thinking of some sort of hanger from my headrest. Then a strap inside the seat to hold it flush against the seat so it doest swing around.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:48 PM
So your going to half ass it? look at the angle the passengers going to be sitting at first off, the angle of the seat so the person in the back can use the TV. Now look and see if there is anyway you can put one in the head rest thats going to be your best bet I think.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:42 PM
"half ass it?" Where did you get that from?

And I understand the angle wouldn't be ideal for passengers, thats not really the idea. I rarely have people in the back seat. Its mostly so me and a friend can sit in the back, angle the seats up and have a bigger screen to play xbox on. Or to watch a movie or something with my girlfriend. A little 6" in the headrest is kind of winpy.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:49 PM
I didnt realise they have 10" + headrest monitors. That could work as well, or maybe just a 20" flip down monitor. haha. I need a good screen set up of some sort, thats all i know.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:28 AM
just to big for what you want to do. its not going to look good. and doing it so it will look good wont put the tv's in a position that is really useable. if u want bigger go with like a 17" flipdown. it doesnt have to be super huge when your face is only a foot from the screen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:01 AM
Very true. I'm aiming more towards the flip down now that I think about it. I have never dealt with one in my life, are they simple to mount?
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:19 AM
Yea a lot better than trying to mount one or two in the seats lol, theres like 4 bolts just have to fab up something maybe get another headliner and mess around.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:18 AM
Sean Clair wrote:"half ass it?" Where did you get that from?

And I understand the angle wouldn't be ideal for passengers, thats not really the idea. I rarely have people in the back seat. Its mostly so me and a friend can sit in the back, angle the seats up and have a bigger screen to play xbox on. Or to watch a movie or something with my girlfriend. A little 6" in the headrest is kind of winpy.

and sitting in the back seat of your cavalier playing xbox with your friend isnt? lol

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:58 PM
No, its totally feaking awesome! Hahaha
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:09 PM
Just get a dvd indash and call it a day.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:13 PM
@!#$, if you're going to go that far. Why not just source a relatively thin 10" overhead screen?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:52 PM
bradsk88 wrote:@!#$, if you're going to go that far. Why not just source a relatively thin 10" overhead screen?

not quite sure what you mean by that? Im very curious

I'm totally digging the idea of the flip down. I measured it out and compared it to one i found on ebay. a 20" would fit absolutely beautifully. Now im debating putting 8" monitors in the visors as well. That way everyone can watch/play at the same time! haha.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:08 PM
At one point we had a cheap DLP Projector mounted in the trunk, nothing like backing up to any flat surface and pulling out Guitar hero/Rock band out of the trunk at partys. we didn't do anything fancy mount wise, just plywood and brackets. You could probably do that for <$400
Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:15 PM
That does sound pretty awesome, but I think ill go with the flip down still. I'm seriously considering spending 200 bucks for a pair of 12" Visor lcds.it would be so ridiculous, and pointless, but incredible at the same time. Haha
Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:25 PM
Better Scotch-guard your seats while you're at it. You wouldn't want to leave stains all over the backseat from you and your buddy sitting back there 'playing halo.'

"what are the two of you doing back there"
"oh nothing officer, just playing halo"

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:10 PM
Colt 4.6 wrote:At one point we had a cheap DLP Projector mounted in the trunk, nothing like backing up to any flat surface and pulling out Guitar hero/Rock band out of the trunk at partys. we didn't do anything fancy mount wise, just plywood and brackets. You could probably do that for

I've been tossing around the idea of building a Microvision SHOWWX into my headliner, right where the sunroof switch is.
It would be so ridiculously simple, yet so brilliant.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:19 PM
The fast and the furious came out in 2001... I thought this phase was over?
Monday, May 30, 2011 7:29 AM
Ryan Thompson wrote:The fast and the furious came out in 2001... I thought this phase was over?

guys were running tv's in there car 10 years before that movie came out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:44 PM
Ryan Thompson wrote:The fast and the furious came out in 2001... I thought this phase was over?

I hope this phase never ends. haha. I personally would rather put the money into making my car awesome (sure its impractical) and comfortable on the inside. I don't care about speed or performance. Car cost me $500.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search