aftermarket shift boot? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aftermarket shift boot?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:51 AM
I just picked up a shift boot and can't figure out away to get it to fit...It's too big.
if anyone has a way to fab it so it fits and looks good that would be great...........Pics would also be a big help!

thanks in advance.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: aftermarket shift boot?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:02 AM
Brad, who did you get it from? If its a universal type you could try to trim and pull it around the ring. Let me know.

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:42 AM
yea its a universal one, I got it at the Pacific mall in markham Onatario Canada I should add that i dont want to cut is as the guy told me if I couldn't get it to fit then he would let me return it. so not cutting

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:06 PM
Humm, well than besides pulling a lot and getting your glue down its gonna be floppy, thats why i dont like the universal ones.

If that doenst work out for you, take a look at what i have in stock

Shift and Ebrake Boots

Let me know how it works out.

Travis

Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:30 PM
Hey Raskal, I ordered the Sunfire/Cavalier ebrake boot from your store and It doesn't fit the sunfires. The boot is too small because the sunfire boot is much longer at the base to cover the length of the console. Maybe its a misprint and it just fits the cavy's? I ordered this about a month ago. Just wondered if you were aware of this.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:05 PM
uummmm........... i know one person that did a lot of work to make his boot look great, but it involved cutting. but if you still want to try here is the link. i think it would look great, but if you wish not to cut the boot, then what more are you goin to do. oh i think he also shortened the shifter but cutting about and inch outa the top and welding it into the bottom portion of the shift leaver, above the linkage pin, and below the pivot ball. personally i like it. but not goin to do that for my car. maybe something like it, but not a round bevel like that.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:14 PM
Chris, Is this a 5 speed? If so they all should be roughly the same length. Shoot me an email and I will gladly replace it if there is an issue. They are all hand made be a fellow .org member so sometimes the lengths can differ.

Id be happy to take care of it for you.

Travis
Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:17 PM
*Edit* Also if it is a 5 speed, is it a standard shifter? We carry differnt lengths for each shifter.. Im not showing an order from you to check. What was the date of transaction?

Ill be awaiting your email

Thanks!

Travis

Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:14 PM
I had to cut mine it fits fine now.. your gonna have to cut it trust me... if you @!#$ it up just buy another one..they only cost like 15 bucks

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:29 PM
Thanks TunerRevolution. I got the boot from AplusPerformance. Wrong store...duhh My mistake. Rock on TunerRevolution

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:17 PM
FuGiTiVe wrote:Thanks TunerRevolution. I got the boot from AplusPerformance. Wrong store...duhh My mistake. Rock on TunerRevolution

Same boots either way

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:03 PM
raskal: the clips on my shift boot are broken. the plastic piece that holds it down to the console pops off every time i go into 3rd or 5th and whenever i drop into 2, 4, or R the whole boot slides down leaving a gap at the top. do your boots come with a new trim piece, or do i have to adhere them to my stock piece?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 4:59 PM
Hey Kevin,

We ship them without that peice. From what i remember they are about $25 at a dealer. I can search around for the PN.

Let me know if you need anything else

Travis

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search