Gas Gauge Problem - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gas Gauge Problem
Monday, March 28, 2005 10:02 AM
Ok I searched and didn't find anything relavent to the problem that I am having. I put in the reverse glow gauges from pro car parts and moved the needles straight up so that I could slide them on. Hooked everything up and all the gauges work fine, except the gas gauge. I just put in 10 gallons this morning drove 2 hours and it never once moved up or down. I'll probably be pulling everything apart this weekend to take a look but anyone have any ideas what it could be???

Re: Gas Gauge Problem
Monday, March 28, 2005 10:25 AM
Well when you pulled the needles up, did you reposition them in the proper place before your turned them on?

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 28, 2005 10:37 AM
my stock needle got stuck one time.... i had to replace the whole cluster... or the dealership did. maybe its a coincidence

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior
Email Me If Interested_____________________________________Email Me If Interested
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:13 PM
I am having the same problem, but mine is the RPM's, engine heat, and speedometer needles getting stuck when its cool outside, so i have to drive a lot not knowing how fast i am going until the car warms up then it starts working. i reinstalled them and attached adhesive to the back of the gauges, which helped a lot but only seems to help when its warm out. Hopefuly they work better in the summer, so i am also wondering what to do.

Monday, March 28, 2005 4:21 PM
Take off the cluster and make sure you have the gauge overlay down flat and its not raised up anywwhere, which would cause this problem. Also Its highly doubtful that is gauge went bad at the same moment he put on the overlay, so more than likely its just humped alittle bit or possibly you put the needle back on the wrong position like lawnmowerracer stated
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:26 PM
make sure the needles are put back in their default positions when the cluster is unplugged. then plug in the cluster. it recieves some sort of uninterrupted power and youll hear the motors click. if you never disconnected it from the car, that could be the issue.

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:45 PM
Ok it wouldn't be putting them on in the wrong place because I never took them off. I heard that my car had the cluster that ran on magnets so they would automatically go where they needed to. Right now it looks like the gauge is flat everywhere but I will check that when I take it apart. Also it was about 70 out today so it couldn't be the cold.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:37 AM
yea i had the same problem.. make sure it is down flat everywhere... did anyone else have a problem withthe holes for the needle pins that hold the needles at rest... i had to re drill 2 holes they were about an inch off
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:59 PM
yeah, i also had to re drill 2 holes for the resting needles, i think that has something to do with it being screwed up....96sunfire, how did you fix the needles getting stuck problem, im pretty sure my gauges are flat as can be

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:29 PM
Ok I got an update.... tonight on the way home I noticed that the glow that is underneath each center circle was there except for the gas gauge one. I wouldn't really know if that means that it is broke or if it just isn't flat./ If anyone can give me more info that'd be great. Also thanks for any ideas you've all given.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search