HELP Dimmer Switch!!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP Dimmer Switch!!!
Thursday, May 10, 2007 1:31 PM
Hey Guys I need some help, I sold my 97 cavalier awile ago and I picked up a 95 cavalier that was already somewhat custom the dash was removed before when I got it I noticed the "e-brake, oil, seatbelt, airbag lights worked" but the speedometer, gas, temp did not. I took the dash apart and found the dimmer switch wasn't plugged.. simple right.. just plug it in. Problem is I can't find it, I've looked all over the dash can someone take a picture of what it even looks like it's been awile since I seen one and worst come to worst can I get another one? or someone have an extra they can sell? I can't find the cigarette lighter plug in either if I remember right that was all connected together on my 97 sedan. The car now is a 95 coupe... Please any thing will help at this point.. if you can tell me what it looks like (pictures) or if you have an extra one laying around I could add on. I also have 2 plugs coming from my cluster... one plugs into the cluster.. the other one I have no idea where it goes? It is grey if I remember right. Thanks guys in advance!!!

jmanuel@myviscom.com

FOR SALE

Re: HELP Dimmer Switch!!!
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:39 PM
I don't know if that made any sense, i've been searching while waiting for a response I am just looking for some help on what that dimmer plug looks like and where it originates in the vehicle.

FOR SALE
Friday, May 11, 2007 1:06 PM
are you sure the other one isnt youre plug youre looking for if i rember right the dimmer plug follows over the bezel from the left side to the right and plugs in over there some where but im not a 100%sure its been so long since ive been in my dash
Friday, May 11, 2007 2:23 PM
Yeah the dimmer switch wraps around the bezel just below the gauges, and then plugs in to a connector right next to the gauges, towards the passenger side...

Friday, May 11, 2007 4:15 PM
Well after reading the chiltons manual a few times I found the picture of what I need I believe it is the plug that is "extra" near the cluster except i'm missing the piece of harness that connects to the grey plug and goes to the cigarette lighter and plugs to the dimmer. I have to find another one of these anyone know where/who might have one or a part #? Thanks again guys for all the help!

FOR SALE
Friday, May 11, 2007 6:58 PM
#14 in the following picture of course I need one with no fog lights =/
15323735 is the part # that is no good anymore as per gmpartsdirect.com
[

FOR SALE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search