Converting Manual door into Power... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Converting Manual door into Power...
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:55 AM
Here's the deal... I purchased somewhat of a project sunfire... it's a 01 gt with low km's... only catch is it needs body work (ie original owners wife decided to side swaip a pole at low speed).... I went to my local autowreckers and lucked out in finding the exact color door thati need... the only catch is that it's manual locks, manual crank, manual mirrior.... My car has power windows, locks and mirrors so i'm wondering how much effort it would take to convert the manual door into power... (also my car has the monsoon sound system) so will this fit no problem?

Re: Converting Manual door into Power...
Monday, July 30, 2007 11:06 AM
Take the guts outta your door and replace into the new door... shouldn't take more than a couple hours... everything will switch right over.

Monday, July 30, 2007 11:37 AM
Ya i figured it would be straight forward... i was just wondering if there were any things i should pay close attention to or pay special attention to...
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:32 PM
Drilling the regulator rivets is a severe pain.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:43 PM
Greg is right.

I took a look at it when i installed my power door lock kit, you will need to do minor fabrication, but it should work fine. Is doing a few hours of labor worth the right colored door?

I think so. Go for it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search