Door jam switch - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Door jam switch
Friday, March 21, 2008 7:51 PM
So yea, my nice new little sunfire when i open my passenger side door. Dome light doesn't come on, nor does the radio shut off. The plunger isn't stuck or anything, my driver side one likes to get stuck once in a while but still works as its suppose to. The solenoid for the lock mechanism likes to be stuck when cold, so i'll tear the door panel off and lube her up prolly soon as well.

This happen to anyone else?

There does appear to be like a rust ring around the inner part, so maybe its just gone bad.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 21, 2008 7:56 PM

Re: Door jam switch
Friday, March 21, 2008 8:57 PM
yes it happen to me on the driver side i just grabed a new one from the junk yard

Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:01 AM
my sunfire does it on the drivers side, i just learned to live with it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:05 PM
Well i finally got around to doing this last week. Got 2 from the Gm dealership and they got em to me for 8 something a piece. I took the floor rocker cover off, reached up into the little hole in the frame and just pushed on the locking tabs and they broke right away, i then was able to just wiggle the switch out the front. Connected the 2 new ones, everything works great now.... except my rear defrost ( but thats another issue). Also found out if you turn the keys off and the radio stays on, opening the passenger side door won't kill the radio. Only the drivers side... interesting. But my dome light at least goes on now when i open the passenger side door.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:27 PM
Opening my pass. door will kill the radio for a few seconds, then it turns back on. Im not too worried, cuz the drivers door works like its suppose to and i hardly even get any passengers.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:22 AM
Quote:

.... except my rear defrost ( but thats another issue).

Sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but I had the same issue w. the defrost and don't remember if it was this site or another that I read, but it's usualy a common problem/fix. A burn't harness under the front drivers side carpet was the culprit. I bypassed the burn't wires with crimps and now works great. Might be a good place to start.

Pics of burn't harness:

Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:31 AM
^ oh snap thats some screwed wires

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:19 PM
One day when i really care, i might take the time and fix it. But i usually don't wake up early enough in the morning to try and compete with getting rid of it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search