What gauge should I get? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What gauge should I get?
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:07 AM
Hey guys... I got ahold of a dual a-piller gauge pod (autometer) for my car and I already installed an oil press gauge in the bottom (Autometer pro-comp ultra lite).

I'm planning on putting a Volt gauge in the top but I'm not 100% sure... anyone have any other ideas of onother gauge that I might not be thinking of before I order it. The reason I'm thinking volt gauge is because I have a 2.4 and won't know if I blow a belt without a gauge.

Boost / Nitrouse gauges and Widebands are out of the question as of right now.

I'll be N/A for a while and when I finally do get a wide-band I'll be putting it in the left-center vent hole (assuming I can figure out how to mount it)

Thanks for any input guys.

Re: What gauge should I get?
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:12 AM
Oil pressure?
oil or coolant temp gauge?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:17 AM
-MD- LD9 wrote:Oil pressure?
oil or coolant temp gauge?

Already have both of them.....

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:17 AM
i'd go with fuel pressure

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:56 PM
I would have gotten a 3 pillar and done fuel and oil pressure and volts.

I would say your two biggest choices are fuel pressure and volts. You just have to decide if keeping an eye on your electrical system is more important that keeping an eye on your fuel system.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:29 PM

Friday, April 11, 2008 5:45 AM
a watch?^ now were just running out of ideas
Friday, April 11, 2008 8:21 AM
Tinkles wrote:You just have to decide if keeping an eye on your electrical system is more important that keeping an eye on your fuel system.

Which is why I would LOVE my cavalier even more if it already had one in it. It just irks me so much not knowing if my battery is getting full power.

-dan

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:33 PM
you should be that guy and get a boost gauge!

Friday, April 11, 2008 12:41 PM
JtotheOtotheEtotheY wrote:you should be that guy and get a boost gauge!

whats wrong with a boost/vacuum gauge?
Friday, April 11, 2008 1:32 PM
dan z24 wrote:

nothing if you have boost...it was supposed to be a joke as he is not boosted. hence being that guy

Friday, April 11, 2008 11:05 PM
ahfunaki wrote:

Ha ha ha ha .... wholly crap Autometer actually makes clocks.... that was a good one..

I thought about fuel press.... but I'll probably just install an adjustable FPR with gauge instead so I don't have to tap into my fuel rail.

I'll probably just put a volt gauge in there for now... and when the need for another gauge comes I'll either get a single pod and add it to the piller or put it someplace else. (or just buy a 3 gauge pod)

Joey.... I've never understood the reason for having a boost gauge when your N/A either unless your going to be installing a turbo or SC in the near future.... sure it will show vaccum... but what possible use is there for that.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:07 PM
JtotheOtotheEtotheY wrote:
dan z24 wrote:

nothing if you have boost...it was supposed to be a joke as he is not boosted. hence being that guy

Im that guy with no turbo but has a vacuum gauge. Its useless but looks cool, same with my narrow band airfuel. Go ahead point and laugh, I dont care.
Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:05 PM
If I'm paying over $70 per gauge after tax... I'm going to get something useful..... screw looking cool.... Auto meter gauges arnt cheap....

Thanks for the input guys..... I guess it comes down to Volt or Fuel press..... and since I don't wand to start drilling into my fuel rail... I quess it will be volts then.... besides.... if I eventually get a wide band.... there really wont be a need for a fuel press gauge in the car (although there will be one under the hood)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search